Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Good restaurants near central park (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/good-restaurants-near-central-park-1071226/)

Smileynat Sep 7th, 2015 11:52 AM

Good restaurants near central park

Hi

My wife and myself along with our 2 children are flying to new york in a few weeks to renew our wedding vowels.can anyone please recommend a decent restaurant where we can go after the ceremony around the central park/manhatten area?We would like somewhere special and private ideally,but don't want any anything too fancy,just somewhere that does good steaks or fish,ect.can anyone recommend anywhere?thanks in advance

Inakauaidavidababy Sep 7th, 2015 11:56 AM

Central Park is pretty big with a huge diameter. Perhaps sharing the ceremony location would prove helpful or the hotel.

Smileynat Sep 7th, 2015 12:37 PM

Ladies corner is the venue,however it doesn't have to be a restaurant near central park,anywhere in manhatten is good as we can get a cab from the venue

NeoPatrick Sep 7th, 2015 12:46 PM

So what you need is any restaurant in Manhattan that has decent food? Wow. That's a tough one. There are probably only a few thousand of those.

janisj Sep 7th, 2015 12:57 PM

What is your budget? There are (literally) thousands. Would you prefer it near the venue, or maybe near your hotel? Or would you like a view - or is the food more important?

Smileynat Sep 7th, 2015 01:15 PM

The budget is fine.i think good food over view.i know there are 1000's of restaurants but as it's a special occasion,would just be grateful of some recommendations

jubilada Sep 7th, 2015 01:20 PM

You need to let us know something more about your favorite types of food.

Smileynat Sep 7th, 2015 01:32 PM

Steak and fish

Inakauaidavidababy Sep 7th, 2015 01:34 PM

Since you are renewing your vowels, perhaps something in Alphabet City? Where is Ladie's Corner?

Smileynat Sep 7th, 2015 01:37 PM

It's a place in central park

Inakauaidavidababy Sep 7th, 2015 01:41 PM

block number?

ellenem Sep 7th, 2015 01:49 PM

Central Park is 2.5 miles by .75 miles, so we are hoping you can be more specific about the location.

I have never heard of a Ladies Corner. Perhaps you mean the Ladies Pavilion? It is on the west side near 75th Street and is popular for weddings.

Smileynat Sep 7th, 2015 01:50 PM

Don't know the block number.nust want to know a good steak/fish restaurant in the central park/manhatten area

Smileynat Sep 7th, 2015 01:50 PM

Sorry yes,it is ladies pavilion

Smileynat Sep 7th, 2015 01:51 PM

Anywhere that I a cab ride away is suitable.just want the family to have a good meal on such and auspicious occasion

Inakauaidavidababy Sep 7th, 2015 01:58 PM

Per Se?

How old are your children?

janisj Sep 7th, 2015 02:18 PM

Smileynat: You said you are renewing your <u>vowels</u> . . . like a, e, i o u :)

I assume you are renewing your <i>vows</i> . . .

Do you want to spend $50 per person?, or $100?, or $200? Will this be lunch or dinner? I just think you don't understand the enormity of what you are asking. There are thousands and thousands of decent restaurants in Manhattan. You don't seem to have any limitations re location, or price. If you ask 20 Fodorites you'll get probably 200 suggestions. How will that help?

And some places (per se for example) need to be booked far FAR in advance.

(Suspect Inakauaidavidababy really isn't trying to help ;) what with the Alphabet City and Per Se suggestions >) )

Inakauaidavidababy Sep 7th, 2015 02:34 PM

now now janisj, you little think you know it awl. I found it helpful to ask more questions with a splash of humor and you piggybacked me on the vowel typo. Humour jumper. Thunder stealer.

I've asked decent questions. Where, what block and are how old are the children? Would you bring your 2 year old twins to Per Se if you were celebrating your 5th anniversary?

Contrary to janisj, people would like to help you given better perameters. Don't get testy on us Smilynat.

Smileynat Sep 7th, 2015 02:44 PM

Anywhere that I a cab ride away is suitable.just want the family to have a good meal on such and auspicious occasion

Smileynat Sep 7th, 2015 02:47 PM

Children are 6 and 9.please,just want to know a good steak restaurant in the vicinity of central park and manhatten to go to after our vowel renewal ceremony