Reload this Page >

Good Restaurants in Rhode Island

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21st, 1997, 01:56 PM
Candy

Where are the really good restaurants? Have you eaten anywhere in Rhode Island that you wanted to write home about?

Old Nov 23rd, 1997, 01:57 PM
Jon

Shelter Harbor Inn

Old Nov 28th, 1997, 05:36 AM
jean lavin

I have had a house in Newport for two seasons in my ealry twenties which was 5 years ago. I am now 29 and drive up for the day from Connecticut to eat at Scales and Shells which is on the main road in Newport. There is a great bar across the street called Zelda's which is a lot of fun. Also if you go try and have Sunday night at The Inn at Castle Hill. It is fun and romantic to sit out ont the lawn.

Old Dec 2nd, 1997, 08:18 PM
Dan

The Black Pearl in Newport - great!!

Old Dec 3rd, 1997, 09:13 AM
Noni

The best restauruants in Rhode Island are in Massachusetts.

Old Apr 22nd, 1999, 01:17 PM
em

there's alot of great food in this state -- certainly rivaling boston.

favorites for me include:

hemingways -- in providence

the cheeky monkey -- in newport

new rivers -- in providence

for more of the local flavor go here:

http://users.ids.net/~earache/eat.htm

Old Apr 22nd, 1999, 02:01 PM
Beth

I haven't eaten there, but Al Forno in Providence is reputed to be one of the best restaurants anywhere. I believe the Chef just won a prestigious award (James Beard, I think?).

Old Apr 22nd, 1999, 11:06 PM
Jan

Just back from a short break in Newport and I would second the votes for The Black Pearl and for Scales and Shells, wonderful seafood!

Old Apr 23rd, 1999, 12:31 PM
Emily Connolly

In Providence: Capital Grille for steaks, Hemenways for seafood, Cafe Nuovo or the Boathouse for terrific views and good food. Al Forno for Italian
In Cranston: Mike's Kitchen at the VFW Post( all the chefs come here for lunch
In Cranston: Twin Oaks
In East Greenwich: The Post Office Cafe ( my personal favorite)
In Charlestown: Shelter Harbor Inn
In Newport: Castle Hill Inn (seen in the show Providence)

There are too many great ones to list them all, but this list is the best in my opinion.

Old May 4th, 1999, 03:29 PM
Barbara

Ditto on Black Pearl, Zelda's, Post Office Tavern, and Al Forno's---BUT, if you like great Italian food, you must visit the Federal Hill area (Atwells Ave). Virtually anyplace there is very good (try Christopher's). Also--Leon's on the West Side has the best calamari earth, and always receives awards for its Sunday brunches. Oops, in Bristol try Reddendorfs (or something like that)--I moved from RI 2 years ago and still miss all of the great eateries. In EG also try Lobstermania for fun and Tigger's Diner--it has received national attention for great food.