Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Good place for breakfast in Baltimore's Inner Harbor?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14th, 2006, 04:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My SO and I are planning a last minute trip to Baltimore next week, and we got a great deal at the Marriott Baltimore Waterfront for two nights. Can anyone recommend a good, fairly inexpensive place to have breakfast in the area? Neither of us has been to Baltimore, and we are really excited!

Thanks for your help in advance!

Old Apr 14th, 2006, 06:33 AM

For a real local experience, try the "Sip n Bite" in Fells Point. It's a five minute ride from the harbor.Nothing fancy,but the locals flock to it.
If you have time, please visit the National Aquarium In Baltimore. I am a volunteer there on Wednesdays.We just recenty opened our new Australia exhibit.If you have any other Baltimore questions,please ask!
Old Apr 14th, 2006, 06:42 AM

That's a great location. Right around the corner from the Marriott is James Joyce Pub/Restaurant. Good pub food, nice atmosphere.

For dinner, I recommend Amicci's in Little Italy. Great food for a good price.

Sorry, can't help you with breakfast.
Old Apr 14th, 2006, 07:33 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to both of you!

mersingary: I do plan on visiting the aquarium if we can- it is one of our favorite stops when we visit Boston, so we look forward to seeing the Baltimore version! Is the "Sip n Bite" a breakfast place as well?

Has anyone tried the Blue Moon Dining House for breakfast? It is well reviewed on Fodors, but I am wondering if they will be as busy next week (Spring break) as they usually are on the weekends.

How about La Tavola in Little Italy?

Is the water taxi a good deal, or really just for fun?

Thanks to everyone for your help!

Old Apr 14th, 2006, 11:06 AM

Blue Moon is very good, but I can't tell you whether it will be particularly crowded or not. I know we always had to wait when we went there (I used to live the next neighborhood over). I do second the Sip 'n' Bite for good old fashioned diner food. Morning Edition near Patterson Park is probably my favorite place for brunch in Baltimore, but the neighborhood can be sketchy (although it was getting better when I left).

I used to take the Water Taxi home from work, and it's fine as a mode of transportation as long as you're patient. I think it runs more frequently on the weekends, but there were times I had to wait a while for it. I really never minded though because I made it home relaxed and calm from the ride.
Old Apr 14th, 2006, 12:11 PM

The "Sip n Bite" is a diner type and I believe it is open 24/7 (definitely serves breakfast).
Almost any place in Little Italy (close to harbor) will be a nice dining experience.Also Fells Point has a lot of nice restaurants and pubs.
Water taxi can be convenient and gives a great view of the harbor from the water.
Old Apr 14th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions! I just hope we can squeeze in as much as possible to those two days!!!

Keep your fingers crossed for good weather, too!

Old Apr 21st, 2006, 03:07 PM
Original Poster

Just a short follow-up to my previous question...

We enjoyed two fabulous days in Baltimore, and we were very lucky with the weather! The location of the hotel was great, and the views from our room (on the harbor side- odd numbered room-20th floor) were spectacular. Camden Yards was beautiful, and the fact that we actually were able to walk to and from the game is amazing to this New Yorker.

We could not find the Sip n Bite, but we did enjoy Fells Point- we had breakfast both days at the Blue Moon. There was no wait on Tuesday or Wednesday morning, but I can see why people would line up for this tiny gem!!! They had great food & wonderful vegetarian options on the menu. Yum!

I can't wait to go back to Baltimore!