Notices

Good music in New Orleans

Aug 22nd, 2012, 04:47 AM
Original Poster

Good music in New Orleans

We're going to Preservation Hall, but have been hearing a lot about Frenchmen St. Is there a good place for Jazz/Blues/Zydeco? We'll have a car - how's the parking? Or is it best to park at French Quarter and take a bus/trolley? Is the area safe enough? We're pretty carefull, but don't need to go where it is not recommended. Thanks.
Aug 22nd, 2012, 09:39 AM

Frenchmen gets crowded, but it shouldn't be too bad. You may want to leave your car in the Quarter and take a pedicab. Frenchmen is a very popular place so it's as safe as the Quarter - just use your head, keep your wits about you, be aware of your surroundings and you'll be fine. I live here and hate to make it sound unsafe, but I'd give this advice in pretty much any city. It's really about common sense.

The music scene on Frenchmen is pretty exceptional. You can hit up a number of great venues. You might want to start with dinner at Three Muses. They don't take reservations so get there early; I think the music starts when they open, at 4pm. So, go for an early dinner (it can get pretty crowded later on in the evening). Then, just walk Frenchmen. You'll find street performers as well as some great clubs - dba, The Spotted Cat, Blue Nile, & Snug Harbor all come to mind.

Have fun!!
Aug 25th, 2012, 12:18 PM

Here's a NOLA music link. Enjoy your visit.

MUSIC LISTINGS.........
http://www.offbeat.com/
Nola Beat…………..
http://nolabeat.com/
Aug 27th, 2012, 04:47 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the information. Dinner at Muses sounds great!

Search this Thread