Reload this Page >

Good Kauai Resturants?

Search

Good Kauai Resturants?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20th, 2004, 03:04 PM
nadienc

Good Kauai Resturants?

Could any of you please suggest some good resturants in Kauai for two couples? We will be there in May.

Old Apr 20th, 2004, 03:22 PM
bonniebroad

Go to *www.restauranteur.com/caffecoco* and read about one of my absolute favorites............. in Wailua, on the Eastern coast of Kauai. The setting, for dinner, is magical and so different. Most of the tables are outside under the trees & riotous tropical foliage, all lit up with fairy lights, and so charming! I've never seen anything like it. Food is delicious........ use bug spray before you go, and wear low-heeled shoes (the courtyard is fine gravel). It is so unique and good that we went there three times on our last trip.

And then there's *A Pacific Cafe*, my very favorite restaurant in all of Hawaii. And Roy's.....worth going to, just for that chocolate souffle for dessert!;-) You will eat well!

Old Apr 20th, 2004, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We really enjoyed our table at sunset at Cafe Hanalei in the Princeville. It was stunning. The views are gorgeous, absolutely breathtaking-- the beach, waterfall, and Hanalei Bay are straight out of a book. I've never experienced anything like it. The food and service were also excellent. On a tip from someone else, we called ahead the day before and booked a table for two with a view at sunset. Good thing I called early, because I had no idea the sun set at a different time there than on the mainland! Followed up with drinks inside the Princeville makes for a fun night for all 4 of you!
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 05:15 PM
bk3

Now that ya got some tips on good restaurants, if ya want a change of pace I suggest you call ahead & pick up on of the excellent pizzas from the Brick House (I was partial to the sausage) and take it out and enjoy it al fresco at one of the picnic tables at the Spouting Horn. The sunset is spectacular.

info on Brick House
http://www.explorekauai.com/brickovenpizza.html

Have a great trip!
Old Apr 22nd, 2004, 10:56 AM
nadienc

Thank you for your suggestions.

Old Apr 22nd, 2004, 11:21 AM

On the north shore - cafe hannelei, dolphin, zelo's, beamreach and hannalei gourmet. south shore - brennecke's on the beach, roy's.
Old Apr 22nd, 2004, 12:28 PM

Roy's--again order the chocolate souffle as it is heavenly!!!! We also really like Gaylord's for both food and ambiance. Also enjoyed Zelo's for lunch.
Old Apr 22nd, 2004, 12:29 PM
iceeu2

Click on restaurants on this forum. There are some very candid comments.
My favorite is LaPlayita Azul...a great little place in the Safeway Shopping Center. Large portions.
Also, like Duke's a lot!
And, no one on here ever says anything about it, but we along with lots of others liked the Lihue BBQ Inn.