Reload this Page >

Good hotel in Bemidji Minnesota?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 05:59 PM
loangalsal

We live in Minneapolis and need to stay one night in Bemidji. Any recommendations for a nice hotel? Doesn't have to be the "RITZ"...looking for something either very nice or very unique. No B&Bs, it is a room for two friends and B&Bs usually only have one bed in a room and we need 2 beds. Also need tips for the best restaurant in town for dinner and a nice place to have breakfast (maybe a little local bakery or tea room that serves pastries?). Thank you!

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 06:07 PM
loangalsal

Oh, I should have also said, a cabin or lodge would be good if not too rustic! Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 07:51 AM
toppe

to the top...anyone?

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 05:20 AM
topper

one more try...anyone?

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 06:17 PM
loangalsal

OK, a bunch of you fellow Minnesotans have just joined me in helping out another poster about a trip to the twin cities, so I know you are out there! Can any of you help me?

Old Jul 27th, 2003, 05:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thought I would reply to my own message so that anyone else looking for help can have a tip! Last summer we did find a great place to stay in Bemidji and stayed there this summer also. It is a cabin resort called "A Place in the Woods" on Turtle Lake about 15 minutes from Bemidji. It is a quiet place, does NOT allow jet skis, and has a nice little sand beach. Shallow lake so the kids can play easily, and there is a little floating dock about 30 feet out to jump into the lake from. I think there are 14 modern log cabins that are spotlessly clean. They offer free use of paddleboats, kyaks, and hydrobike with a pontoon and motorboats you can rent. Each cabin has it's own campfire spot with complimentary firewood, a webber grill and most had a hammock outside as well. This place is owned an operated by the Concordia Language Village that has many language camps in the area. Highly recommend this place for a quiet stay. They also have cross country ski and snomobile trails for winter, as the resort is on lots of land.
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 05:09 AM

I'm glad you enjoyed the Bemidji area! I hope you got a chance to drive through the language villages; it's beautiful place.
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 03:13 PM

We were actually there this year and last year because my daughter went to spanish camp with Concordia. What a wonderful experience! There were children there from all over the country plus Canada. Camp counselors from many different countries. I highly recommend these language camps!