Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Good Chinese and/or Italian places in Vegas.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4th, 2001, 08:30 AM
lynn

Greetings -

My husband and I have been eating mostly at steakhouses and gourmet rooms the last several trips to Vegas and have decided to switch cuisines.

Looking for great restaurants in hotels or not in hotels for good Chinese or Italian.

All price ranges.

Thanks.

Lynn

Old Apr 4th, 2001, 08:50 AM
tom

while there several very good Italian restaurants in Las Vegas, I particularly like Al Dente in Bally's.

Old Apr 4th, 2001, 11:23 AM
Patrick

It's hard to beat Wolfgang Puck's Chinois on Main (or maybe they drop the "on Main" part taken from the original in Santa Monica). It's in the Forum Shops of Ceasar's. It's really great Chinese influenced cuisine, beautifully served. Right by it is a great, reasonable Italian that is mainly "outside" next to the huge fountain. It's as close to eating in Rome as I've come in the US, atmosphere wise. Food is very good and the prices are really reasonable. A lot of people (locals, I understand) swear by a place sort of behind the Flamingo called _____ Hole in the Wall (I always forget the first part). It's really inexpensive and Italian and a lot of fun, but I haven't been there in years. Is the name Bastia's or something like that?

Old Apr 4th, 2001, 11:27 AM
Patrick

Just saw the name of the "outside" Italian place in the other LV thread. It's Bertolini's which someone else recommended as well.

Old Apr 4th, 2001, 11:30 AM
allen

The Venetian Restaurant (not to be confused with the hotel) served very good home style italian food. It has changed owners but from what I have read the quality remains high, although I haven't tried it recently. It's located off the freeway near the Palace Station Hotel.

Old Apr 5th, 2001, 05:06 AM
Lori

Battistas Hole in the Wall. So So basic Italian Food but alot of fun. All the wine you can drink with your meal, and a guy walking around singing. Get into the spirit and have a good time type of place