I'm surprising my husband for his birthday in June and taking him to the Yankees-Mets game. He's always wanted to see a game in Yankee Stadium, and now's the time before it's gone. We're staying at the Marriott Courtyard Midtown East (3rd Ave. and 50th).
Any suggestions for restaurants in the area or a short cab ride away? No Mexican, Indian, or vegetarian please. I'd also like to go to the Central Park Zoo and have lunch at Tavern on the Green. I know it's touristy, and I'm open to other suggestions.
We will have a 2 1/2 year old with us for the zoo and lunch. On game day, we plan on taking a cab to the game (little one staying back at the hotel). Game starts at 1:00PM, how much time do we need to get to Yankee Stadium? Any suggestions for a good lunch around the stadium? Then back to the Marriott for the evening, so could use another good restaurant suggestion. Any thoughts on BLT Steak? Thanks so much for any help on this!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 2 Our next summer trip
- 3 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 4 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 5 Dulles to BWI
- 6 Family winter holiday
- 7 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 8 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 9 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 10 Kauai for a week: advice needed
- 11 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 12 Advice Nashville to Washington D.C please!
- 13 February trip San Fran to Yosemite...
- 14 glacier national park to yellowstone route
- 15 Where to Eat on Kauai?
- 16 Muir Woods - new rules
- 17 Will Travel for Food - A Long Weekend in Philly to try a restaurant
- 18 Padre Islands
- 19 Brooklyn dinner? Bronx Breakfast? And opinions on the zoo?
- 20 safe travel idea within US to travel alone with preteen daughter and Mom
- 21 NASHVILLE
- 22 Nj to Charleston SC during Christmas bestate way
- 23 4 days in San Diego
- 24 Copper - How many open runs usually open in December at Copper Mountain?
- 25 Lodging locations in Miami for an overnight visit