Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Go to the "Do you ever wonder what the people on this board look like...?" posting under the European board

Go to the "Do you ever wonder what the people on this board look like...?" posting under the European board

Old Aug 10th, 2001, 11:52 AM
xxx

It's a hoot!

Old Aug 10th, 2001, 12:10 PM
Topper

It's hilarious! Needs more responses.

Old Aug 10th, 2001, 12:23 PM
curiosity

I wonder what "Leone" (or is it "L"?) and "Oaktown Traveller" look like? What about "ncgrrl" and "chuck"??

Old Aug 10th, 2001, 12:30 PM
L

Well, I think in the right light I'm probably passable. At least my cats indicate so. I did have a birthday this week, so I don't look as good as I did last week. But better than next week. But to the point, how do I need to look to have credibility when I call this type of posting moronic? Ciao

Old Aug 10th, 2001, 12:31 PM
theanti-L

I suspect Oaktown and L look eerily similar.

Old Aug 10th, 2001, 12:34 PM
curiosity

Happy Belated Birthday to L, you li'l ole' moronic thang, you!

Old Aug 10th, 2001, 12:43 PM
L

Curiosity, belated, true, but you're still a peach! You made my day ... but, uh, did you get me something? Ciao

Old Aug 10th, 2001, 12:47 PM
curiosity

L, nope, didn't get you a thing because I didn't know it was your birthday ... it's at the top of my list of "thangs to do" this weekend though.
Hope your birthday was great!

Old Aug 10th, 2001, 12:56 PM
L

Hey, it was alright ... but I was just joshin' you about that present ... the best wishes were all that was needed. You can get me something extra special next year, 'cause now you know ... no excuses. Ciao.

Old Aug 10th, 2001, 01:03 PM
curiosity

OK L, it's on my calendar for next year, no excuses!
... and my b'day's in April!!

Old Aug 10th, 2001, 01:08 PM
xx

c'mon, chuck, oaktown & L; what do you look like?

Old Aug 10th, 2001, 01:10 PM
heehee

Well, I imagine Ruth & Sue, the twins who posted earlier this week, are practically joined at the hip. (Girls, did you get to the amusement park?)

Old Aug 10th, 2001, 01:17 PM
L

Okay, C, April it is ... but the 15th is already taken by my namesake cat and the IRS. And XX, how about 6', 180 and blonde, and I clean up very nicely, with "taken" stamped visibly. Hey, sorry to disappoint the anti's, but some of us look terrific, at least before that last b'day. Ciao

Old Aug 10th, 2001, 01:24 PM
anti-L

L, taken by what??

Old Aug 10th, 2001, 01:27 PM
gettingthisfromyourposts

that's funny L, from your posts i always pictured you to be 5'7", greying hair with liberal applications of V05, skinny (you know the type, with the practically concave chest), dressed in white polo shirt with collar turned up, yellow bermuda shorts, black socks, topsiders, Vuarnets cat-eye sunglasses a la early 80's roped onto some Croakies. sort of self styled king of the geeks type of deal. are you sure you're really six feet tall? because with that huge chip on your shoulder, probably most of you is closer to 5'7".

Old Aug 10th, 2001, 01:31 PM
ncgrrl

Thanks curiosity for wanting to know. Kavey "drew" a computer self-portrait that looks a lot like me.

Happy belated birthday Leone, I hope you have many more to come.

Old Aug 10th, 2001, 02:23 PM
L

Chip, what chip, LOL. Seriously, perhaps I overstate at times, but I liked your imagined portrait, at least up to the dig. It was quite funny. But I was truthful. And Anti-L, taken by a redheaded lady, I am pleased to say. And ncgirl, that was very kind of you indeed, and yes, I do hope your wish comes true, for I'd like to have many, many more. It was August 8, and I am a true Leo, hence Leone, of course. Or L if I'm being lazy. Have a great weekend, take care, and I'll see you folks somewhere down the road. Taking a little break. I can hear cheers from the anti's ... and I can empathize. Ciao

Old Aug 10th, 2001, 08:49 PM
Suzie

Happy Bithday quite late L. Like it or not you anit-L's I always enjoy the humor and perspective. Can't really fault a guy who encourages civility! Except some of you will!

Old Aug 11th, 2001, 06:31 AM
Carol

Enough about the bitter "L"! Don't you folks know how to play?
Mimi Taylor would be petite, 30's, short dark hair, and ultra-chic glasses.
Now you try one.

Old Aug 11th, 2001, 07:24 AM
Ess

Neal Sanders: 5'11", medium build, good shape, 50'ish, tenor voice, slightly nasal, good though conservative dresser.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FODOR'S VIDEO