girls weekend to Seattle

Old Oct 13th, 2001, 11:19 AM
beth

girls weekend to Seattle

Just wondering if anyone had some good solid advice about a quick weekend in Seattle. My friends and I are hoping to see some sights, listen to some good music, and have some good food and beverage. I'd appreciate any specifics. Thanks!

Old Oct 13th, 2001, 03:49 PM
xxx

Seattle is the perfect place for a girl's weekend. Fremont had kind of a funky shopping area that is a fun area to roam around in. For more upscale shopping, the Pacific Place shopping center has a Nordstroms, movie theaters, Pottery Barn, etc. There's also a Stars restaurant as well as a good southwesternn restaurant called Desert Fire.

I'd recommend checking out the Music Experience Project while in town. As for hearing live music, you won't have trouble finding something to meet your needs. Just grab one of the weekend papers and check to see who's in town.

And be sure to head down and have some coffee while strolling through the Pike Place Market.

Old Oct 14th, 2001, 08:52 PM
ldsant

Stars restaurant closed approximately 6 months ago.

What are your interests? Great music at the Ballard Fire house, Pioneer Square, great dancing at Capitol Hill (gay/straight), Queen Anne. Check the seattleweekly.com before you come or the stranger.com if you're into alternative music.

I'll be happy to provide specifics if you specify what your interests are. There are also many great day spas in Seattle too if you enjoy that. You have to make reservations at least 2 weeks ahead of time though for a weekend.

Old Oct 14th, 2001, 08:54 PM
ldsant

Oh, and another "correction" to xxx post, it's the Experience Music Project and it's $20 per adult. There have been other postings about this in this forum if you do a search. Not really a great thing to do if you're not into Hendrix, etc.

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 12:31 PM
J Miller

Did you go to Seattle already?? If not, I might have some recommendations for you...you can always send an email. Or if you need a tour guide, ha, ha!! Especially if it is a girls weekend, I can tell you some good places to go...depending on the ages/interests.

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 01:27 PM
curious

What if one of the girls decides to have love-making with one of the Seattle natives at his place? Does she still have to chip in on the hotel bill? This one should probably be decide up front so it doesn't cause friction later (no pun intended).