Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   girls trip to vegas (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/girls-trip-to-vegas-407933/)

sweezen Mar 7th, 2004 10:53 AM

girls trip to vegas

My 4 crazy sisters and I are going to Vegas to celebrate my 50th birthday. We're going in late April for 2 nights, and I need your help.
Venetian or Bellagio?
Best deal on spa treatments
2 best/most fun places to eat
1 show we can't live without

thanks in advance,
sue

travleis Mar 7th, 2004 11:54 AM

Budget?
If you're all staying in one room then a penthouse suite at Bellagio is much nicer than anything available at Venetian. However standard rooms at Venetian are larger by almost 200 sq. ft, so putting 4 in a standard room is definitely cozy.
What kind of fun for dinner?
The restaurants at Bellagio collectively are much better than those at Venetian. Depends on whether you want a more formal or more casual experience and what your budget is.
I'm not a spa person but the Canyon Ranch spa at Venetian is very well regarded.
Most everyone's favorite shows in LV are the Cirque du Soleil shows "O" at Bellagio and Mystere at Treasure Island. Top ticket prices to "O" were recently raised to $130.
Check each hotel's website for pics and details regarding restaurants, prices, menus, room rates, etc. for the dates you're interested in. Airline package deals and travel agents rarely offer better prices. Also call the hotels themselves to check room rates. Often the phone quotes are different than the web rates.

Janny Mar 7th, 2004 04:35 PM

Not sure about Spa treatments. As far as shows are concerned, I opt for Mystere at Treasure Island or "O" at the Bellagio. I didn't care for Blue Man Group. If you decide on O or Mystere, please get your tickets early. Like Now. Tickets sell out fast!!

tracys2cents Mar 7th, 2004 06:05 PM

Book soon. April is full of conventions and rates can go through the roof.

crazy4Hawaii Mar 7th, 2004 06:13 PM

Bellagio!
Dinner at the Voodoo Lounge a must! (Make reservations! - Ask for a table by the window.) You can walk to Harrah's and take the free shuttle to the Rio.

stormygirl Mar 7th, 2004 09:39 PM

Venetian
Not sure of the best deal but I think the spa at the Paris is the best hands down (and hands on you!)
Best places to eat with your girlfriends: Aqua, Olives, Mon Ami Gabi
I'd go see Zuanity, an adult show but still Cirque du Soleil or O which I love.
Have fun, I go to LV every year for my birthday. It's always a blast :)

Dottie Mar 10th, 2004 03:19 AM

Happy Birthday! You will have fun, I to go to Vegas for my birthday every year.I like the Venetian.The Grand Lux, at the Venetain, has a great lemon pond cake with white choclate, ice cream and strawberries,that is to die for.Makes a Great birthday treat.

I agree one of the Cirque du Soleil shows. I have seen all three, I didn't care for Zumanity. I loved Mystere,it's a lot of fun. If you go to this one go early, and watch the pre show fun."O" is beautifully done.

stormygirl Mar 10th, 2004 08:26 AM

Hi Dottie, we are planning on getting ticktets to Zuanity next month, what didn't you like about it?

Dottie Mar 11th, 2004 03:16 AM

Stormygirl,

I guess I was hoping it would be a bit more tastefully done, then it was.There was some parts of the show that were fairly good however and some parts were just a little to crude for my taste, I guess.It just wasn't nearly as good as their other two shows( which I loved), I think I was hoping for a higher qualtiy show then it turned out to be.But some people really do like it, I think. I didn't totally hate it, but can't bring myself to recommend it either.

Raven Mar 12th, 2004 12:57 AM

We just got back from Vegas and we stayed at both the hotels. They are two of the nicest hotels on the strip and each has a different special quality about them. I would have to say we enjoyed the room better at the Bellagio. I don't know about the most fun place to eat, but the best meal we had was at Zeffirino overlooking the canal at the Venetian. It was a special occassion for us and the price was steep but worth every penny. The best show for us was "O" at the Bellagio. I made all our reservations by calling the hotel direct. Let them know you are celebrating a special occassion. Most of the time they will ask you what is bringing you to Vegas. If you are going to be seeing a show that is at the hotel you are staying at call them directly and let them know you have reservations at the hotel. Sold out show tickets will suddenly be available to you. Most of these hotels hold back tickets for their guests. Have as great 50th birthday. You will love Vegas.

len Mar 14th, 2004 03:58 PM

We stayed at both Bellag is much nicer in every way. The O show is great as is Mama Mia,