Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Girls trip to Palm Springs area- need a spa recommendation...is La Quinta Resort the best option?

Search

Girls trip to Palm Springs area- need a spa recommendation...is La Quinta Resort the best option?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8th, 2005, 07:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all-

My two best girlfriends and I are meeting in Palm Springs (staying in La Quinta) to celebrate our 30th birthdays. I'm in charge of finding a spa. I've been to the La Quinta Resort and enjoyed it...are there others that I should look into? How about the Lodge at Rancho Mirage? Any suggestions/opinions would be helpful.

Thanks!
Jane
Old Aug 8th, 2005, 02:08 PM

I am not a spa person, but have a copy of the Desert Magazine's 2005 spa guide. Other big spas are the Agua Serena Spa at the Hyatt in Indian Wells, Marriott Desert Springs Spa, and the Miramonte Spa. I did check out the spa at the La Quinta resort when I used the exercise facilities and the atmosphere is great. I stayed at the Lodge once and didn't like it all, so any recommendations on my part would be biased.
Old Aug 8th, 2005, 03:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I can't believe I can actually respond to this post! I am not a big spa person, but I have been to this resort and used their spa!It is a nice resort. The massage I had was very good and relaxing. My husband said his massage was good too. Many of the other women in our group had several spa treatments and they were happy with them. (We were there on a business trip).
Old Aug 8th, 2005, 05:24 PM

I love La Quinta--my favorite place in Palm Springs. great pools, upscale--very cool!
Old Aug 9th, 2005, 08:12 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all of your replies. I keep reading that LQR is the best place out there so maybe we will stick with what I know. The other bonus is that the LQR is only about 2 miles from where we will be staying.

Any other opinions?
Old Aug 9th, 2005, 08:42 AM

You didn't ask, but some places around La Quinta with nice happy hour drinks and bar food (upscale) are Omri & Boni, the Falls, and Cliffhouse. The food at Cliffhouse is okay, not bad, but the bar and view are nice. The others have great food.
Old Aug 9th, 2005, 10:41 AM
Original Poster

Thanks mlgb.

I've actually been to La Quinta quite a bit (my in laws spend the winters there) so am familiar with some of the places you mentioned. My in-laws have gotten really bad food poisoning at the Cliff House so we've avoided it since. I do want to try Omri and Boni with my girlfriends so it's nice to get a positive review!

Jane
Old Aug 9th, 2005, 12:22 PM

Be sure to have a look at the store at Omri & Boni. Neat stuff, unusual dishes, housewares as well as gourmet items.