Girls trip out west

Mar 2nd, 2017, 08:55 AM
Original Poster
Girls trip out west

Looking for travel suggestions for a trip for early September.

I will be attending 2 weddings this fall out west, the first in Lake Tahoe then the following weekend in Breckenridge, CO. I am hoping to tie in a visit to see my friend (who lives in LA) the week in between.

We are trying to decide where a good meeting spot would be - Neither of us have been to either Lake Tahoe or Breckenridge. We were also considering Denver (as that's likely where I'll be flying into for the Breckenridge wedding). Also potentially considering San Francisco as I may be flying into there for the Tahoe wedding. Open to other suggestions as well!

Things to consider:
Would like to preferably stay in either of those cities and/or close to an airport just to cut down on travel time.
Since it will be during the week Tues - Friday and not really ski weather, looking for a spot with potential activities during the week.

Open to any and all suggestions!

Mar 2nd, 2017, 09:32 AM
Consider flying to Sacramento (SMF) or to Reno instead of SFO.
The car will be cheaper and you would have much less city driving. Is your LA friend invited to the wedding in Tahoe?
Spend a day or two in Reno and then take the Amtrak California Zephyr as far as Grand Junction Colorado and rent a car there.
If the weather is great you might want to drive back into Utah from Grand Junction to Moab to see some of Arches NP.
Mar 2nd, 2017, 04:36 PM
I'm trying to sort out your time frame. It appears the wedding in Tahoe is Tuesday, then Breckinridge on Saturday? If correct, the time we're discussing is just the days between those 2 events only? If so...

Monday, flying into Sacramento or Reno, 2 nights Tahoe.
Wednesday, fly to Denver, stay 2 nights.
Friday, Drive to Breckinridge for the wedding.
Fly home from Denver.
Mar 3rd, 2017, 12:52 PM
If I'm following correctly, yes Tues-Fri staying in San Francisco would make for an excellent "girls trip out west"! Great city. Two airport easy to use. No car needed.

Search this Thread