Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Girls Have it out Weekend (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/girls-have-it-out-weekend-533691/)

layla6250 Jun 2nd, 2005 10:54 AM

Girls Have it out Weekend

Hello everyone! I know that some people send messages here as urgent but this one kind of is. I have 10 of my very bestfriends that are having major problems. So we need a weekend have it out weekend to salvage our friendship. We wanted something that included a spa so we could have it out and then release it from out system. Do any of you know of an inexpensive place that we can do this. All inclusive is perfect since there will probably be enough crying and yelling so we dont want to have to leave. The spa doesnt have to be in the place that we stay, but close enough. But please help cause we need an emergency have it out get away. Thanks bunches. Layla

seetheworld Jun 2nd, 2005 11:01 AM

You want to go somewhere to "have it out"? As in a fight, yelling, screaming, mud wrestling in the spa etc.?

mom2boys Jun 2nd, 2005 11:02 AM

You didn't say where you are located but perhaps a weekend cruise to nowhere would be in order.

GoTravel Jun 2nd, 2005 11:08 AM

Oh. No.

michelleNYC Jun 2nd, 2005 11:15 AM

Are you serious? And perhaps you might include WHERE you're thinking of going (i.e., state, at least) or WHERE you're located?!?!?

Little_Man Jun 2nd, 2005 11:16 AM

just don't go anywhere I'm going, okay?

Colorado17 Jun 2nd, 2005 11:35 AM

I would suggest you guys come to San Diego!! Book a hotel room or two at a local place (maybe in La Jolla, god knows there's plenty of spas there!)....and you guys can sit out on the beach and yell =0...you can fly Southwest pretty cheap to San Diego too! Good luck!

placeu2 Jun 2nd, 2005 11:52 AM

Anywhere will do.

Just tell us the dirt!

buckeyemom Jun 2nd, 2005 12:04 PM

Since the NHL and players are currently locked out, you could probably hire one of their referees or linesmen to ref your "having it out" session fairly reasonable. They probably need the work. ;-)

seetheworld Jun 2nd, 2005 12:06 PM

That's a good one, buckeyemom!

layla6250 Jun 3rd, 2005 05:44 AM

Well I am in NC and they are in NY. We just need to have a weekend to talk and yes, yell, scream but get rid of the bs that has been turing our group/family vactions into a weird vibe and uncomfortable. But just for three days and something inexpensive.

mm Jun 3rd, 2005 06:20 AM

You could fly to NYC and do what needs to be done just about anywhere. No one will notice in the City.

mm

cmcfong Jun 3rd, 2005 07:58 AM

Layla, you could all drive, fly or take a train to Northern Virginia and stay in the area of Sky Meadows State Park. They have a very inexpensive meeting house which you can use to talk it out. The Sky Meadows Meeting House, which accommodates up to 15 people indoors, is available for rent: $25 for a half-day, $40 for the whole day. Reservations are required. Please call the park at (540) 592-3556 to reserve.
I am glad you are all game to work through the problems rather than let them fester and grow into something that ruins friendships.

JJ5 Jun 3rd, 2005 08:00 AM

I second mm's suggestion. Easily done and much more apt to get good reasons.

Be prepared to fix it, but also be prepared to face that peoples' individual life experiences re marriages / children/ jobs do make them change. I saw one of these "fix it" sessions once years ago that was deemed a success by some, and the group did become revitalized, but a few were hurt so badly that they never felt quite the same afterwards about any other person who had initiated the proceedings.

Honesty is one thing, but your "truth revealed" by "having it out" could burn precious friends who are coping within life situations that you could never be completely aware of. Behavior on your shared vacations etc. could all be colored by facts and fates better left to the individual and not to the group.

If you really think that crying and yelling may become an issue, I certainly would not want to put my friend in that position away from home.
Sorry! And it would not matter what the criteria of their/her transgression was.

To have a friend, you must be a friend.
Friends don't act like "do it yourself" intervention teams.

ccgegg Jun 3rd, 2005 08:23 AM

So let me get this straight..... you want to spend big bucks for an all-inclusive spa weekend just to realize none of you like each other anymore? Sounds like you'd be better off going on the Jerry Springer show.

ronijeni Jun 3rd, 2005 08:38 AM

It sounds like you will want a little privacy. Maybe you should rent a cabin in the wood's somewhere such as vermont or the catskills. Stock up on plenty of wine or tea and tissues.
Good luck!

Scarlett Jun 3rd, 2005 08:54 AM

Personally, I would never spend money to go somewhere so someone can be mean or yell at me. I can stay home and go on Fodors for that LOL
Would a few phone calls not be sufficient with those who are the problems and save your time and money for something more Positive, like going somewhere to have a Girls Fun Weekend, spa, food, laughs..that sort of thing?
This just sounds awful to me, but then I am not good at having people make me cry~