Gigi's Paradise - Oahu

Old Aug 27th, 2004, 11:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gigi's Paradise - Oahu

Just found about a place on Oahu called Gigi's Paradise on the North Shore (condos and cottages). Anyone ever stay there or know anything about it?

(sorry if this ends up twice, but I posted it earlier today and don't see it anywhere on the board now - I may have accidentally put it under the wrong search topic).
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 11:52 AM

Bart, just click on your own name and all the messages you've posted or replied to come up on the left.

love
roxy
Old Oct 6th, 2004, 11:43 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Oct 6th, 2004, 04:24 PM

we stayed there last year and wouldn't stay again. There is a lot that needs to be done to the unit and IMO it is a little tacky in the decor. The view however is wonderful. Bathroom is very small and bedroom doesn't get any cross breeze as there is only a small corner window facing the walkway in front. But,I know we had a hard time finding something on the Northshore. If you are not looking for luxury, it is okay provided they have fixed the ceiling fans.
Old Oct 6th, 2004, 07:31 PM

Aloha bart,

Try Ke Iki Beach Bungalows... inexpensive, perfect location, clean, quiet, and big surf.

Love, love love.
Old Oct 7th, 2004, 03:50 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses.

Shar - I did end up seeing another poor review of this place, so I will avoid it.

makai1 - I do have a couple of nights booked there (It was your trip report that led me to book there). We are on Oahu for 7 nights and wanted to spend either the first few nights or the last few nights outside of Waikiki, but Ke Iki was only available (for beachfront) during the middle of our stay. Thus I want to stay the start of our trip in Waikiki and was just checking options for the end of the trip, either Waikiki or a third area. I think I'll go with Waikiki on each end.

Bart
Old Nov 22nd, 2004, 07:51 AM

The building that you are referring to is Pat's at Punalu'u. Gigi is an owner and rental manager at the building. Please note that there are other owners in the building who rent their condos out there as well. The building is undergoing major renovations right now, but it should be like brand new in a year. Also, some owners give discounts because of the renovations. Check out www.discounthawaiicondos.com. This unit is top-of-the-line. I know because it is my own unit and I spent all summer remodeling with the best of everything.
Old Jan 21st, 2005, 04:54 PM

Great location. The beach is perfect and close. The building was Neo-Mayan, built in 1970's, but is under construction at this time. I stayed at heidihawaii.com and had a great time. The unit was exactly as it was on the website. Clean and well maintained. I don't know anything about Gigi's Place. Sorry.
Old Jan 24th, 2005, 04:27 PM

I like the beaches in this area of Oahu. They are calm and have good snorkeling if your into that.

I drove by Pat's a few weeks ago and they are still doing a lot of work on the exterior.

There are condos on the north shore too. I don't really consider Punaluu where Pat's is, the north shore. It's more like the northern section of windward Oahu. To me, the north shore is from Kaena Point to Kahuku, with Sunset to Mokuleia areas in between.

If you are looking for condos or places on beaches you can swim in the late fall, winter and spring, be careful where you choose because most of the north shore usually isn't swimmable during these months.

Sesamee
Old Jan 28th, 2005, 04:17 PM

Sesamee

Could you explain the location again that you like for winter through spring? Also any other specifics on smaller simiple properties for a week's rental would be appreciated.

Thank you
Old Jan 28th, 2005, 06:01 PM

From late fall through spring, the north shore of Oahu has beaches that are not always good for swimming. Even when the surf is on the smaller side the currents can still be strong. The beaches are good for looking and that's about it unless your a professional or real experienced surfer. Staying between the areas of Kahuku and Mokuleia arent going to be good choices if you are wanting to swim nearby. same with the west shore in the Makaha and westside beaches. Anything south of Kahuku area and all down the windward coast is calmer.

If you are looking for swimming beaches try any location other than the north shore and west shore. Waikiki, the Ihilani resort, anything between Waimanalo and Laie.

Sorry, I don't have a list of rentals I can recommend. Suggest you look on some of the vacation rental sites for any of these towns-

From south to north-
Waimanalo, Lanikai, Kailua, Kualoa, Kaaawa, Punaluu, Hauula, Laie. All of those have better swimming conditions during high surf season. A couple of beaches in Laie can get rough. The beaches we were talking about are in Punaluu where Pat's and Gigi's Paradise is. Nice beaches and calm ocean most all of the time.

Sesamee
Old Jan 29th, 2005, 06:44 AM

Thank you for ocean report. That will be helpful.