Getting to the Stature of Liberty?

Old Mar 4th, 2019, 07:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting to the Stature of Liberty?

From the LGA airport in NY how easy would it be to visit the Stature of Liberty? I am planning a trip to NY this month and was planning on visiting the Stature of liberty so if anyone knows how to go there or visit it I would gladly like to know, I have no vehicle btw. I also heard that you need to book in advance to visit it so if anyone knows please let me know. Thanks in advance
Old Mar 4th, 2019, 09:10 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Per you other thread you are going straight to Poughkeepsie from LGA so how were you going to fit in the Statue of Liberty?

If you truly mean traveling to the SoL directly from the airport, won't you have luggage?
Old Mar 5th, 2019, 12:26 AM

Not speaking from experience, but my understanding is that LaGuardia is not well served via public transit. Further, the airport is in northern Queens while the SoL is off the lower tip of Manhattan — which would be a schlep even with public transport. Your best bet is probably an expensive taxi ride.

if you go, plan to spend much of the day, because there’s plenty to see between the statue and Ellis Island, plus you have to take water shuttles between them and there’s likely to be significant lines for security initially.

Last edited by bachslunch; Mar 5th, 2019 at 12:30 AM.
Old Mar 5th, 2019, 07:32 AM

I would take a taxi to the Queen Plaza subway station. Take the R train to Whitehall Station. This brings you right to the entrance of the park. From Queen Plaza until the time I got off the boat from Ellis Island it was about 5 hours. You need to purchase your ticket in advance to assure you a place in line. I purchased the pedestal tour ticket (no extra cost) because it gave me a timed ticket for a place in line. This line was substantially (probably 2 hours) shorter than the general line. The allows you to go up into the pedestal. There is a museum inside and you have a better vantage point for seeing the harbor.