Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Getting rid of a poster (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/getting-rid-of-a-poster-455222/)

sf7307 Nov 26th, 2008 12:22 PM

Getting rid of a poster

All, I do not know how to contact the administrators, but clearly they have to get rid of the poster herewego 13. He or she is posting an advertisement on every recent thread. Help!!

sf7307 Nov 26th, 2008 12:25 PM

I got the email address for the admin on the Europe forum and will send an email.

nyer Nov 26th, 2008 12:25 PM

Send an e-mail as per Fodors FAQ's instructions

"What should I do if I see a message that's rude or contains advertising?
If you see a message or reply that violates our rules of conduct, e-mail [email protected] with the forum name and the title of the post -- we'll look into it. We would prefer that you NOT add further comments to an objectionable message."

janisj Nov 26th, 2008 12:28 PM

actually - they use [email protected] now. The "editors" address is meant for messages about the travel guides, books, etc.

FainaAgain Nov 26th, 2008 12:31 PM

See the button "share with a friend" on top right? Click on it, and the offensive post will be sent to any address you type in, for that 13 poster use the address Janis provided.

sf7307 Nov 26th, 2008 12:33 PM

Janis, I used the address you provided (above and on the Europe forum).

nyer Nov 26th, 2008 12:47 PM

Then I guess Fodor's should update its own FAQ's! The message I posted above listing the e-mail comes from the section on forums. I guess they get e-mail from both places, just more directly from the "forums" address.

(herewego13 was so blatant, I'd imagine the editors are being bombarded with e-mails right about now :) )

sf7307 Nov 26th, 2008 01:01 PM

Katie to the rescue!

Katie_H Nov 26th, 2008 01:16 PM

I'm sorry; I stepped out for a quick Thanksgiving celebratory toast with co-workers (in the kitchen, nothing fancy) and came back to MANY emails. Thank you to everyone who wrote to us.

We do need to update the FAQ; it's receiving a total overhaul when we launch with the upgraded forums later this winter. We will also be adding a flagging tool to make reporting threads as painless and easy as possible. But I do see the wisdom of tweaking the FAQ now.

The [email protected] address is a newer address; it is always best to send any complaints, suggestions, or happy thoughts to this address.

I hope everyone has a nice holiday---thanks for being so patient!

NeoPatrick Nov 26th, 2008 02:02 PM

I sent an email to the owner (or poster) for CheapoShuttle who was also advertising. He emailed me back with a long definition of "spam" and a song and dance about how what he is doing isn't spamming. What part of "no advertising" do these people not get?

suze Nov 26th, 2008 02:02 PM

sf7307~ Use [email protected]

...oops janis & katie already told you.

This particularly seems to happen on weekends and holidays when no one's guarding the fort.

Jed Nov 27th, 2008 07:14 AM

And a nice holiday to you, Katie, and all Fodorites. ((*))