Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Getting from Pit arpt to PNC park... (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/getting-from-pit-arpt-to-pnc-park-224958/)

Randy May 25th, 2002 10:50 AM

Getting from Pit arpt to PNC park...

any other means of getting there other than rent a car?

huh? May 25th, 2002 12:12 PM

randy-that makes no sense at all:(

karen May 25th, 2002 12:44 PM

You could get a cab from the airport directly to PNC. Or, there is an express limo service at the ground transportation desk (probably about $15-17 to downtown) and then walk across the bridge to PNC (or take a cab).

Stephanie P. May 25th, 2002 12:51 PM

Randy:<BR><BR>There is a 28X Airport Flyer. You catch it on the bottom level of Pgh. International. The fare is $2.00 or $2.50 each way. It takes you right across from the Pittsburgh Hilton and it's a pretty easy walk (20 or 30 minutes) from there to PNC. You can also take the Flyer back late at night as it discontinues running to the airport like 1 or 2 a.m. You could get a cab from the Hilton to PNC, it would be a very cheap cab fare.

Randy May 25th, 2002 02:54 PM

Stephanie-Thanks for the info on the 28x flyer! I'll try this on Thursday....and for huh? sorry for the use of other twice.

Stephanie P. May 25th, 2002 03:50 PM

Randy:<BR><BR>Catch the 28X on lower level which is the baggage claim areas.

Randy May 25th, 2002 05:27 PM

Thanks again Stephanie...now if the weather will be nice,and my flight is on time things will be fine.As an ex-Usair employee,it will be good to visit Pit again!

huh? May 25th, 2002 07:03 PM

randy-it wasn't the use of other twice-it was the" Pit arpt to PNC " that made me wonder.

Randy May 27th, 2002 10:40 AM

Huh-I guess,you're not a MLB fan,huh?....

Bill May 27th, 2002 04:36 PM

The 28X is your best bet from PIT to PNC. You will want to get off at the Market Street stop (second stop once you are in downtown). From there it will be a 10 minute walk down 6'th Street and across the Clemente Bridge (formerly the 6th Street Bridge). As for the weather, I just checked KDKA's forecast....bring your umbrella as they are predicting thunderstorms with a high temp of 81 degrees! GO BUCS!!!

huh? May 27th, 2002 07:14 PM

Lol!<BR>very funny,randy!so-ok-what is mlb?:o)

huh? May 27th, 2002 07:15 PM

what a minute-major league baseball?<BR>huh does not watch sports.sorry.

Randy May 28th, 2002 05:07 PM

Huh...you got it! Major league baseball! Bill-Thanks for the info,esp about getting off the 28x at Market St.I'm going to be looking for a good deal on a single ticket,$10 or less.I prefer 1b upper seat,will have new pair of binoculars...Again,it will be good to visit Pit again,1st visit since 93 or 94.Just wish I could get by Eat N Park before the game....next time,with the guys and with a rent a car.

huh May 28th, 2002 08:10 PM

funny- i live in the heart of mets and yankees land,but couldn't figure out mlb.enjoy the game!!!

Stephanie P. May 29th, 2002 12:11 AM

Randy:<BR><BR>There is an Eat n' Park and the 28X has a bus stop across the road from it. The 28X drives briefly through Robinson Towne Center and the stop I am talking about is the last one before going to Pgh (there are 3 in all). You could go there before or after the game as this bus comes every 20 minutes during the weekday.