Reload this Page >

Gatlinburg Wedding Reception

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 10:08 AM
Jen

I am getting married in Gatlinburg next April. We will have probably 25 guests. We plan to have dinner after the wedding. Does anyone know of any restaurants in Gatlinburg that are fun yet have really good food. I want to have a private room but after dinner be able to enjoy entertainment and dancing. Thanks!

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 10:16 AM
L

Jen, you have time ... are there any options? If G is it, research this forum no further. For G has not been treated gently here. Ciao.

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 10:24 AM
Jen

You mean to tell me that everyone that visits this message board have nothing good to say about Gatlinburg?!?!

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 10:37 AM
L

Jem this may shock you but I have been in G many times ... on my way to the AT in the Smokies. It has been a hole for decades. It actually burned down one time, but naturally someone rebuilt it, out of spite. Many, many negatives have been uttered about G. Hey, don't take my word for it ... just do some research. Call me an errant fool on a fool's mission of encouraging you to look elsewhere. If there are some souls out there who disagree, lets hear about it. And give Jen the positives about G. But, Jen, do that research!! Sorry, but what should I say ... that is was a great place? Normally I try to be positive ... but not this time, and not this town. Ciao

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 10:44 AM
Jen

L no it doesn't shock me that you've been in G several times considering I don't even know you. Thanks for the negative advice but my minds already made-up...i have received tooo many positive remarks regarding G! Soooo if anyone knows of any restaurants in Gatlinburg that would be suitable for a fun not too formal reception, let me know. Thanks!

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 11:33 AM
Beachbum

Jen,
congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I would suggest you contact the Chamber of Commerce, or the location of your wedding, for advice. There are some very nice resturants, but I don't know about private seating or dinner entertainment. If you get some suggestions, then re-post about those specific resturants, and we'll see if anyone can give you details. Good luck!

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 11:43 AM
Sal

If we can't dissuade you from having your wedding and reception in Gatlinburg, here are a few restaurant suggestions. The Peddlar and Burning Bush. There is also a large restaurant that sits on a small hill on the left, just before you get to the end of the strip near the national park entrance. I can't recall the name, but the food is "good" for gburg.

I don't know what your affinity is for gburg, but if it's because the surrounding area is truly beautiful, I have a suggestion. There is a very lovely wedding chapel in Townsend, which is only 20-30 minutes from G. It is on a pretty part of the Pigeon River under a canopy of trees. Just a suggestion.

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 11:51 AM
OliveOyl

Jen, L is not misleading you. My sister-in-law was married there a couple years ago. We were thrilled-- mountains in October...what's not to like? Let's go! Well, it was, without a doubt, the worst place I have ever ever visited, baring none, no exaggeration. The "chapel" was so depressing, and the town worse, that I felt terribly sorry for her. Grim, grim, grim.

She did have a private room someplace for dinner after the ceremony, but I don't recall the name of it now. Do hope you won't close your mind to the possibility of going elsewhere.

If you want to stay near the mountains in that vicinity, but still be some place that isn't Tackytown, USA, look into Asheville, NC.

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 12:05 PM
Sheila

The Apple Barn in Pigeon Forge has great food. They may have a reception room. Good luck on your wedding.