Which beach?

Old Jul 1st, 2013, 07:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which beach?

My daughter is in grad school in WDC, living in Rockville. I will be visiting her in mid July and we would like to spend a day or two at a beach. It seems like Rehobeth, Lewes and Ocean City are all equidistant from where she is. any recommendations on where to go? and any recommendations on a cost effective place to stay? thanks for your help!
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 04:12 PM
sum

For comparison, Lewes is not on the ocean. It's on the Delaware Bay. It's an adorable little town with good restaurants and nice strolling.

Rehoboth is on the ocean. There's only one building above four stories. It also has good food, and it's more crowded than Lewes.

Ocean City is really big. There are many tall buildings, a long boardwalk and beach. It's much more crowded than the other two towns.

Depends on the flavor you prefer.
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 06:52 PM

Rehoboth is a little closer drive but there are fewer places to stay, so it may be a little pricier and possibly less availability.

Ocean City has more choices but the charm is decidedly different, and it's not for everyone.
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 06:57 PM

I vote for Rehoboth. It's a nice beach, and there are good shops and restaurants in town.
Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 02:55 AM
sum

When y
Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 02:56 AM
sum

Oops. Stupid thumbs! When you decide, please post. Can give a couple good recs for food in Lewes and Rehoboth. Unfortunately don't have ideas about where to sleep.
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 01:48 PM

There is Bethany Beach, also, which is just south of Rehoboth, which is not as hectic as some other places, more relaxing. I'd go to Rehoboth or Bethany, if you want something quieter.

I wouldn't go to Lewes, it's good for young children because no waves as it's not the ocean.

The college daughter might want OC or Rehoboth for more action.

Here's some comparative info http://www.delmarvabeachguide.com/towns
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 06:30 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Lewes has the best of both worlds: bay and ocean. The beautiful beach at Cape Henlopen State Park is 10 minutes from town. The town is adorable with fun shops, cute Victorian houses, and great restaurants.
Old Jul 9th, 2013, 05:50 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for the great information. We have rented part of an apartment, through airbnb, and will be staying in lewes. if I understand correctly, we are less than 7 miles from Rehoboth. Yes! if you have food, activity or any other recommendations, I would welcome them!