Reload this Page >

Gatlinburg Hotels/Motels

Search

Gatlinburg Hotels/Motels

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 04:30 AM
Jenny

Gatlinburg Hotels/Motels

Does anyone know of any nice clean hotels/motels to stay at in Gatlinburg and any that we should stay away from?
Thanks!

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 10:25 AM
Paul

I know the city quite well. When were you thinking of visiting Gatlinburg? Make sure you go for a hike in the mountains. Happy Trails,
Paul

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 12:43 PM
beth

We went to Gatlinburg on our honeymoon. We ended up choosing to stay in Pigeon Forge which is a very short drive from Gat-burg. Hotels are much cheaper in P.Forge. We stayed in a really nice cabin. The cabins were owned by Dodgen Cabin Rentals. I would highly recommend them! Also, there was a Best Western in Pigeon Forge that was really nice, clean, and decent price. Happy Travels!

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 03:23 PM
randa

First of all, I much prefer staying in Gatlinburg because you can walk to everything, whereas Pigeon Forge is more spread out. Secondly, avoid the Best Westerns in Gatlinburg, as they are badly in need of renovations.

Try either Riverhouse Motor Lodge or Riverhouse at the Park, which are both highly rated in the Unofficial Guide.

You can view these as well as other lodgings on Gatlinburg.com.

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 03:59 PM
Beachbum

Hi Jenny,
I agree with Randa...and recommend the Riverhouse Motor Lodge over the Riverhouse at the Park. Both owned by the same folks, but the Motor Lodge is older, very quaint, and overlooks the creek with some privacy. The newer at the Park overlooks the creek, and the other hotel right across from you. At the motor lodge, a call in the morning to the front office will bring homemade donuts, fresh o.j. and coffee to your door.....nice!!

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 09:37 PM
Kim

I have been there many times. We have stayed at Clarion's in Gatlinburg and in Pidgeon Forge/Willowbrook(it has indoor and outdoor pools and a small tubing area that goes around the gazebo like a donut river). The Clarions are beautiful. Very nice, clean and kept up very well. The we stayed at a Comfort Inn on Ski Mtn. Rd and it was awful... rooms werent clean and there were stains and holes in the sheets! Yuck!! Needed lots of repairs and to be totally updated!! We usually rent a cabin/chalet. There are some really beautiful ones. Make sure you either get pictures of it ahead of time or it might not be as nice as it sounds. We have been really lucky overall getting cabins....only had one that we took the key back right away and said we wanted a different one. As long as the rental company will let you do that you are ok. We have rented from www.chaletvillage.com ...they are good. Here are two more I found online: www.mountainchalets.com and www.gatlinburgrentals.com Have fun!!!

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 05:12 AM
Jenny

Thank you everyone for you NICE and helpful responses! This is the first time I've posted a message regarding Gatlinburg and didn't get any negative responses. Thanks again!!

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 05:20 AM
Jean

We have visited Gatlinburg many times and have had both good and bad experiences. Stay away from Edgewater Hotel on River Road!!!! They have a 4 diamond rating from AAA, but they are badly in need of rennovations and expres very little concern for their guests.
We found a hotel this time that we will return to from now on. It is Zoder's Best Western on the Parkway. They have a web site with many details that they were able to live up to in person!! They are close to everything; we didn't have to get our car out once! The property is private, the accomodations wonderful and the staff highly accomodating. We're telling everbody!

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 05:32 AM
eric

I highly recommend a family-owned inn called Jack Huff's Motor Lodge. It is very clean and very well run and the location can't be beat. It is on a quiet street directly behind the Village(where the famous Pancake Pantry is located).

Side note to Olive Oyl - shall I give them my famous restaurant recommendation?

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 10:32 AM
theinstigator

Where have all the Gatlinburg bashers gone? Cmon - let's get this party started!

Old Jan 4th, 2002, 05:11 AM
topper2

Where is all the fun debate on this topic?

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 08:13 AM
roadtripper

I got married there but we stayed in Pigeon Forge because we couldn't get a reservation in Gatlinburg (it was November - prime fall foliage viewing time). Never again. Gatlinburg is where all the cute, quaint shops, homey eateries & pubs are. Pigeon Forge is where all the screaming kids are. Take your pick.

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 07:02 AM
Alan

I always stay at the Clarion Inn in Gatlinburg. The rooms are clean, well-kept, have microfridges and balconies.
The hotel is within walking distance of the Park, several nice restaurants, and the aerial Tram to the ski resort.

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 07:12 AM
Leone

G is fine if that is where you wish to go. Okay, you have the motel situation on your screen, but I see no one has mentioned the bear burger issue. I've promised to stay positive about G ... I can say no more. Ciao, and have a nice trip.

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 01:54 PM
Lori

OK...I've eaten black bear and it's delicious! Colorado serves Rocky Mountain Oysters? Didn't give those a try... We're planning a trip from Pa to Gatlinburg over Easter with our three little girls via motorhome. Looks beautiful !! Any suggestions? Will we be able to see enough of the Natl park in the motorhome or should we pull a van? Any campground and/or touring info would be great! Thanks!

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 02:52 PM
Peggy

Hi Lori, When we went we spent alot of time out at Cade's Cove. There is a campground out there but we stayed in town. Cade's cove is an 11 mile loop that has so much wildlife to see right from the car. Our son was thrilled to see his first black bear right along the road! Enjoy your trip.

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 05:23 PM
M.M.

We were there Sept 2001. Stayed in a nice cabin just on the edge of town, away from the commercial district. Private whirlpool & private hot tub, plus full kitchen. Had outside pool which we didn't use. Very clean and fairly new, but not rustic at all. See Heritagerentals.com for pictures of the cabins. I think ours was "blueberry". - Mary