Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Gatlinburg Chalet (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/gatlinburg-chalet-184863/)

Cathie Sep 3rd, 2001 07:24 PM

Gatlinburg Chalet

I know there are a lot of people on here that do not care for Gatlinburg - I just happen to like it there so please don't respond to this question with hateful comments and insults. <BR>I have already read them on other postings. <BR>I would just like any info that I can get about renting a chalet - at least 5 bedrooms with a pool table etc. - I have been to several websites but would rather have some recommendations from someone who has directly stayed at one. This is for a family gathering. Thanks to anyone who responds.

Jo Sep 4th, 2001 02:46 PM

Hi Cathie, <BR>We just stayed at Resort Chalets in Gatlinburg and loved it. We only had a 3 bedroom but I believe they have cabins with up to 5 rooms. Ours looked brand new and was immaculate! You can check out their website at www.nestledinthesmokies.com. Have a great time!

Cathie Sep 4th, 2001 06:33 PM

Thanks Jo - I will check them out.

plummie Sep 5th, 2001 08:06 AM

We (2 couples) booked a 2 bedroom through Chalet Village (their web site is www.chaletvillage.com) and were extremely pleased with the accomodation. The web site shows a variety of sized places; many have pool tables, hot tubs, etc. Also shows several photos of each place. We liked the fact we were up the mountain and out of the hurly-burly of the town.

Elaine Sep 6th, 2001 04:06 AM

Try www.cobbly.com you can search by size of chalet. These are rental from Cobbly Nob Rentals and we have stayed in their chalets several times. In fact now we never stay anywhere else. Their chalets are off Hwy 431 and you have to drive thru a golf course to get to them. They are off the beaten path and that's usually what you want in Gatlinburg.

Eric Sep 6th, 2001 11:32 AM

<BR>Be sure and go to the aquarium and the Park Grill while you are in G-burg (that was just for you Olive Oyl ;)) <BR> <BR>

anne Sep 6th, 2001 01:39 PM

We rented a large 4 bedroom house from Jackson Mountain reality a few years ago for a family reunion. It was a few minutes out of Gatlinburg, had a hot tub, pool table and was very spacious. <BR> <BR>Their website is jacksonmtn.com and the name of the house was Silver Fox.

Cathie Sep 6th, 2001 04:00 PM

Thanks for the websites Plummie, Elaine and Anne. I really appreciate it. I will check them out tonight. It is nice to know that some people are willing to give a serious response. Thanks so much. <BR>As for Eric - you are just trying to be tooooo cute...well, I do know that Olive Oyl is not a big fan of Gatlinburg and that is perfectly fine. She has been an immense help to me in getting info on the Cirque du Soliel in Orlando and I would like to let her know that her help has been genuinely appreciated. My daughter and her friend were thrilled with the tickets that I gave her for her birthday..she said it was the best present ever.

Sal Sep 6th, 2001 07:12 PM

Cathie, <BR> <BR>Thank you for setting the record straight with "eric". OO does give out great information and we all have a right to our opinion. If you will notice, none of us who dislike Gburg responded to your post because you (nicely) made it clear you like the place. However, "eric" just can't seem to let it go. <BR> <BR>BTW, I still visit the area and at least once every two years meet former sorority sisters at one of their vacation homes just outside of Gatlinburg. It's in a community of authentic log cabins and I wish I could remember the name because they also rent them. Sorry, I'm very bad with names. Anyway, we never go into town, we hike, drink wine and shop!

Olive Oyl Sep 7th, 2001 08:52 AM

Cathie...I'm glad to hear it all came together so successfully for your daughter's birthday. That's super. It was a terrific gift and one she'll always remember! <BR> <BR>Thank you and Sal too for your kind words. Eric was just tweaking me, paying me back for a tweak I'd given him recently, and I really didn't mind. I smiled when I saw it and thought it was intended to be taken that way...naive of me perhaps, but I honestly didn't take offense.

L Sep 7th, 2001 09:38 AM

Gatlinburg? Did someone mention Gatlinburg? Fab town, just fab. I understand the road is open once again, and the weather is beautiful. Makes me yearn for an opportunity to revisit one of my old haunts. I must run before I'm overcome with warm fuzzies. Have a nice trip to the Big G. (Isn't it nice to make history, even small history: the first G posting without a negative word.) Have a great weekend all. Ciao

Cathie Sep 7th, 2001 08:17 PM

Thanks Sal - I am afraid my weary bones could not take much hiking but the wine and shopping sound great to me. I think that is great that you get together with your sorority sisters periodically. I have been searching the websites recommended and have seen some really fabulous places. If you ever think of the name of the log homes you stayed at then just email me. This will not take place until next Spring/Summer. <BR> <BR>Olive Oyl - read your post on Savannah - one place I have never been but would like to visit. One day maybe. I have three daughters and a son and would like to take a trip with my daughters as a girl outing to a place like Savannah one day...also heard Charleston was a neat town.. Glad you enjoyed your trip. <BR> <BR>L - you made me laugh...you certainly have a way with words. <BR>Yes, it is nice to be a part of anything that has a positive feeling. <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>

Eric Sep 10th, 2001 08:08 AM

<BR>You are correct Olive Oyl - I was just joking around with you. I have buried the hatchet and moved on past our jousting of a few weeks ago. Just could not resist having a little fun with you. <BR> <BR>As for you Sal - you are apparently the one who "just can't let it go" I said nothing here to yank your chain or call you out. I said nothing here about depriving people of their right to express opinions. Olive Oyl can more than hold her own on this board without you butting in. <BR> <BR>"eric"