Garden District Bike Tour in June

Old Apr 26th, 2003, 11:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Garden District Bike Tour in June

I have read about Bike Tours that you can take through the Garden District. Will the beginning of June be too hot for this kind of tour? I am thinking it may not be bad since it would be a leisurely ride. Any comments would be appreciated.
Old Apr 26th, 2003, 12:20 PM
Dan

Are you talking about the Garden District in New Orleans?

If so, I'm not familiar with this tour but would also like info on it. Sounds fun AND it's near my house.
Old Apr 26th, 2003, 04:03 PM

Since I know of no other "Garden District" I'm going to assume he means ours, New Orleans. I've seen a lot of things and a lot of different tours going down St. Charles and Pryania and a certain genre of devotee's seeking a particular house at First and Chestnut, but I've honestly not seen bikes.

I do know of bike clubs and etc that will go all the way from Natchez, Ms down the trace and I think end here, but these are hard core biking enthusiasts. I ride my bike around here all the time, but I really dont think there are any organized bike tours through the neighborhood. I'd call the visitors bureau or call the concierge at one of the hotels uptown, like the Pontchartrain to see if they've heard of any.
Old Apr 26th, 2003, 04:05 PM

Oops, meant Prytania.
Old Apr 27th, 2003, 09:56 AM

When I was researching for our trip to NO, I came across a company, I think it was called Laid Back Bike Tours - you rent those bikes where you sit back and your feet are out in front of you rather than your standard bicycle and they take you on a tour. It looked like fun, but we didn't go on the tour because the weather was humid and we didn't think we were up to riding bikes in that kind of humidity. Coming from the west coast, we just aren't used to it.
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 05:03 PM
Original Poster

Yes, I do mean the Garden District in New Orleans. Thanks for the info.