Reload this Page >

Galveston Island, Texas--Outdoor Musicals

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 07:46 AM
Local

If anyone is going to be in the area this weekend, Galveston Island Outdoor Musicals is putting on a special, patriotic 4-day engagement, "God Bless America." It runs from this Thursday, April 25 thru Sunday, April 28 @ 7:30pm. Tickets are $10-25. Right now the weather is PERFECT here for an evening outdoor show, so come on down!

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 09:37 AM
ttt

to the top

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 10:15 AM
Statia

Thanks for the info. I'm originally from the Houston area (live overseas now, though), so I wish I could be there for the nice weather this time of year, as well as the entertainment.

I'll have to let my family and friends in the area know about it.

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 04:55 PM
ttt

Thanks! I'm not in it, but I try to help with advertising. The two leads just finished Andrew Lloyd Weber's Phantom of the Opera in Europe. So it's not like our cast is a bunch of amateurs.

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 03:10 AM
FormerGalvestonian

Hey There Galveston -

Always loved the outdoor theater. Greetings to my former island life!

Happy Trails,
Paul "Chip"

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 07:24 AM
Galvestonian

Hey Chip!

Just curious, but where do you live now? What originally brought you to Galveston? I came here to go to UTMB.

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 08:37 AM
ttt

topping

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 09:16 AM
Paul

Hi Galvestonian...

I am living in Michigan now - went to school at U of H after living in Galveston for 6 years. Still have many friends there who own businesses on The Strand, etc. Used to own a bar/restaurant at 6th and Winnie right near you at UTMB. My e addy is attached if you'd like to converse more.

Happy Trails,
Paul "Chip"

Old May 3rd, 2002, 11:03 AM
BNuts

Galveston is the pits..THE pits..had to put extra emphasis on the operative there. It's all of a sudden a super stronghold for the Christian Coalition. Right? In a beach town? Cops run a racket over there for busting anyone who as so much takes a sip of beer. Smells like ****, the air is thicker than water, more bums/capita than Detroit probably. Seriously, you cannot find one convenient store in Galveston that doesn't have at least 5 bums perched out front. Corpus Christi or S. Padre do a much better job of promoting tourism or at least tourism that is FUN!!! Galveston is a maternity ward these days. What tourists there are are all 7-9 year olds.