I'm in the Hampton Inn, just up the road from beautiful downtown Galax, VA where the 9th Annual Leaf and String Festival is just finishing up.
For those of you who like the old-time country music(not bluegrass)this is, if not a must at least a worthwhile place to visit if you are anywhere nearby.
We are pleased with the motel: nice room, flat-screen TV, comfortable beds, quiet AC, good service, OK bkfst included in price.
The festival takes place on about 4 blocks in Galax, with performances on two stages. The bands range from Good to Quite Good.
Bring your own folding chairs.
Parking is no problem. No parking meters on the streets.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Comcast 1888:260:2909 password reset contact Tec*h 24/7
- 2 B&B in Bar Harbor or Southwest Harbor?
- 3 Avila Ageless Serum: Reduces Lines And Wrinkles
- 4 Echo Garage Doors Company Albuquerque NM
- 5 Chasing Sargent in Nashville
- 6 Santa Barbara Hotel
- 7 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 8 Key Largo worth a day trip from Florida City/Miami area??
- 9 Everglades en route from Ft Myers to Miami doable?
- 10 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 11 Christmas getaway
- 12 Kiwi girls going from Houston - Nashville
- 13 NY theater district restaurant
- 14 Is it safe to wear good jewelry in NYC?
- 15 Upper Geyser Basin - Yellowstone National Par
- 16 Family winter holiday
- 17 Sjc Car Rental
- 18 Trip to Cali
- 19 Hawaii: Maui and Big Island questions
- 20 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 21 10 Day California Vacation Advice
- 22 4 days in San Diego
- 23 Should we go to Orlando if not interested in Disney World?
- 24 Please help - Hawaii itinerary - big island and Honolulu
- 25 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?