Notices

Gabrielle Restaurant or Palace Cafe?

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 03:10 PM
Gigi

Gabrielle Restaurant or Palace Cafe?

Have read and heard great reviews of Gabrielle's and the Palace Cafe in New Orleans. Has anyone been there? Also considering Clancy's and The Basil Leaf. Has anyone else tried these places? Thanks in advance for your help.

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 03:11 PM
Gigi

I don't know why this ended up in US. I clicked on Louisiana. Grrr.

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 12:52 PM
Cori

Ate at the Palace Cafe last weekend. It was wonderful. We just stopped in for something lite and had the best turtle soup and crabcheesecake. If you go on a Sat or Sun there is a jazz band. I'm not sure if they are there all day. We were there around 1:00.

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 12:58 PM
Tom

Gigi,

I don't quite know how to break this to you but Louisiana is located in the U.S.

Tom

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 08:36 AM
Gigi

Thanks for the reply Cori, Look forward to my NO trips so much but am usually in town for only 1 or 2 days each time and have such a tough time narrowing down the restaurants. Have hit yummy Mr. B's, Stella and Cuvee so far. Looks like it will be P. Cafe this trip. Thanks again, G

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 05:27 AM
Rick

I did the Sunday brunch at the Palace Cafe in April. I was pleasantly surprised at how good the brunch was and the prices were very reasonable. They have a Jazz band playing until about 2pm on Sundays. They went around and played for each table and even took requests. Very enjoyable experience.

Rick