fun things to do in philly sunday morn/early afternoon

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3rd, 2007, 05:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Help!! I talked my husband out of golf with his brothers to do something fun with our three adult children (who all live in different states and are meeeting us in Philadelphia for a family party Sat Oct 6)and would appreciate some suggestions for Sunday morning, early afternoon. We probably have to leave whatever we're doing to get to the airport by 3:15. I've come up with the following:
1.Renoir Landscapes
Philadelphia Museum of Art
2.Chestnut Street Stroll
3.Fairmount Park House Tour
Eating Philadephia soft pretzels are definitely on the list. But, I need something fun for our kids who are in their mid twenties. Any suggestions? (I've found exciting things to do in the late afternoon and evening). Thanks, Pat
Old Oct 3rd, 2007, 06:02 PM

The Reading Terminal Market is a nice place to walk around, shop and eat lunch. And, if you like history, well, there's lots of history. It's a nice walk from Reading Market to the Liberty Bell. And China Town is right between the two.

We went for a quick weekend trip, but my kids are about 15 years younger than yours (congratulations on getting them all grown up and out of the house!), so the focus was different, but here's a short write up of the weekend:
familyroadtrippers.blogspot.com/2007/06/weekend-philly-trip.html

There are some photos there too.

Have fun,
Dan
Old Oct 3rd, 2007, 07:23 PM

We loved going to the Art Museum on Sunday morning, taking a walk/ride around the Schuylkill, taking in Boathouse Row.

For late morning and early afternoon, you can take a stroll through Manayunk or South Street. I remember both areas being funky so your 20somethings may like that.

I loved the soft pretzels with mustard. Philly's Chinatown is compact and has some incredible restaurants. Our fave was Joy Tsin Lau. Have fun!

Old Oct 4th, 2007, 03:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Go to
www.gophila.com and see what's happening this weekend. They may list some activities that interest you. Are you interested in any of the historical sites? Constitution Center, Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Franklin Court, etc.
Old Oct 11th, 2007, 06:49 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all your help! We decided on the Art Museum but missed the turn for the parking lot and ended up on some highway that took us to Boat House Row. So, we got out and walked a lot and ate hot dogs and Phila pretzels. It was a beautiful day! We got to sit and talk and laugh with our kids (in their 20s) which was fun! Then, we dropped them off at the airport. My husband and I got to see the Renoir exhibit at the Art Museum the next day. It was wonderful! PhotoDad, I took a stroll through the Reading Terminal myself and loved it! It reminded me of the Seattle fish market.
You won't believe this, but we ate the best Phila cheese steak at the airport (~ C terminal) while waiting for our plane. Who would have thought?
Our next trip to Philly is just with my husband in March so we'll keep your suggestions in mind. Thanks!