Fun places to stay in Phoeniz in January

Dec 4th, 1997, 06:48 AM
Joe

Fun places to stay in Phoeniz in January

My family will be in Phoenix in January .We are looking for a fun place to stay for a week.

Dec 4th, 1997, 06:58 PM
Tara

It depends on what your ideal of "fun" is and what the age group is of your family. Tempe is definately a "fun" place for a younger crowd. ASU is located there and Mill Street is the place where everyone hangs out. There are shops, restaurants, bars, etc. Scottsdale is also fun, but for the middle age and older crowd. There is Rawhide (a western town), old town Scottsdale which has a lot of shopping and restuarants. There are also a lot of "hip" nightclubs in Scottsdale. If you can be a little more specific, I may be able to help you out more!

Dec 5th, 1997, 08:33 PM
Karen

That is true...hard to know what a "fun" hotel or resort is, but most resorts have marvelous pool areas that are "fun" and very elaborately put together. Hyatt Gainey Ranch, The Pointe Tapatio, and The Phoenician all have terrific pool areas. There are absolutely loads of things to do here, if you look back in the previous responses, several of us have answered similar questions. I will be as much help as you might need.

Dec 7th, 1997, 08:30 PM
John Vipond

Depeding upon your lodging budget, I highly recommend The Pointe Hilton at Tapatio Cliffs Resort, or The Buttes. Both are very close to downtown Phoenix, and not too far from Scottsdale, Mesa, etc. Do not forget your golf clubs...and certainly reserve your tee times at Las Sendas Golf Club, The Pointe at Tapatio Cliffs Golf Club, Red Mountain Ranch Golf Club, Grey Hawk Country Club, Tatum Ranch Golf Club...to name a few, but these are highly recommended. Definetly visit Old Scottsdale for great dining and shopping. Plan time to drive north of Phoenix to visit both Cave Creek, as well as Care Free...neat little western-type towns with excellent shopping in Care Free (don't miss out on a Cave Creek Chile beer in Cave Creek...it seperates the men from the boys). Last, but not least, plan to visit Phoenix's (Tempe proper) newest mall -- Arizona Mills. It's like nothing you've seen before. Have fun, and enjoy beautiful Arizona!

Search this Thread