Ft. Worth area hotel for jetlag recovery

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15th, 2003, 04:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking for a moderate hotel with a nice pool area where my 5 year old daughter and I can recover from jetlag for a couple of days before staying with family in the Ft. Worth/Grapevine area. We are flying in from Europe to DFW and would prefer to be near a nice shopping mall/restaurant area so we can limit our driving those first days. Thanks for any information.
Old Feb 15th, 2003, 04:39 AM

The Renaissance Worthington in downtown Fort Worth is a great hotel with all the amenities, including a pool. It's right in Sundance Square with lots of shopping and restaurants. Check the pricing, they sometimes run specials with good rates, you won't be disappointed.
Old Feb 15th, 2003, 06:14 AM

If you want to save some money it might be worth trying Hotwire (not sure if you can use it from outside the US). Unlike Priceline, you know the price of the hotel before you commit. Also...important in your situation... Hotwire show you what amenities are available- you'll know in advance if the hotel has a pool, fitness room, restaurant etc.
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 11:04 AM

I do a lot of business in Ft Worth and often use the Worthington. There's also a new Courtyard downtown. Used to be a historic bldg called the blackstone.
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 06:04 AM

If you want to stay fairly close to the airport area, try the hotels near the Grapevine outlet mall. The hotels like the Worthington in downtown Ft Worth are about 1/2 hour away if traffic is good. The Residence Inn is right near the mall & the shopping is great. Losts of restaurants within walking distance.
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 06:21 AM

The Embassy Suites Bass Pro is just awesome. Great pool, across the street from Grapevive Mills and attached to Bass Pro Shops.
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 09:01 AM

AND, it's right outside the entrance of the airport.
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 09:33 AM

As a Grapevine resident, I'll agree with the Embassy Suites Outdoor World. It's 5 minutes from DFW International, and it has an indoor pool. Grapevine Mills Mall is across the street and there are several restaurants in the immediate area.