Ft. Myers, Fl airport rental agencies

Apr 28th, 2015, 04:06 AM
Original Poster

Ft. Myers, Fl airport rental agencies

Off site car rentals: Travelers need to be aware that certain off site car rental companies don't open until 7 am. This would include E Z Rental Car Company. The airport shuttle doesn't begin until after 7am which makes it unusable for early morning flights. This fact is not disclosed while renting these cars online and can be a very unpleasant experience while returning your car and trying to catch an early morning flight!
Apr 28th, 2015, 06:45 AM

Nice and interesting post. I didn't know that, but I always rent a car from one of the agencies that are right AT the airport. RSW has one of the easiest car rental situations, as you walk out of the luggage pick up area and cross the single street to get to the building where the agency desks are and the cars themselves right behind. No shuttle buses or other difficulties. And I have yet to see any major savings by getting a car from one of those off beat off site rental agencies.

By the way, there is now a 7-11 inside the airport grounds just before you return your car -- gas there is pretty much the same discounted price as anywhere else, and now makes a fill up really easy -- and another reason to avoid those silly "buy a full tank of gas now and return the car with half of it left that you've already paid for" schemes.
Apr 28th, 2015, 10:17 AM

The situation described by georgehoover is not unique to Ft. Myers Airport so it's always wise to check on these types of things prior to solidifying your travel & transportation plans.

For what it is worth most car rental companies have procedures in place which allow you to drop off your car (and leave the keys in a lock box) when the office is closed so hours of operation are usually not as critical for drop offs as it is for pick-ups.
Apr 28th, 2015, 01:34 PM

But I think the OP was speaking more about the difficulty of getting to the airport if the agencies aren't open and the shuttles are not yet running.

Search this Thread