Ft. Myers Beach-Outrigger Beach Resort Report

Aug 19th, 2002, 07:28 AM
Rick

Ft. Myers Beach-Outrigger Beach Resort Report

Just returned from a few days with kids in Fort Myers Beach. We stayed at the Outrigger Beach Resort for $80 a night for a very large room with two queen beds. It also had a refrigerator.

The rooms are nothing fancy but were adequate for our needs and was like staying at a Days Inn. Actually I was quite surprised at how clean the rooms actually were. The bathroom was spotless. It seems they have recently refurbished all of the rooms so they are very decent and fairly new feeling. The resort has a huge beach, extremely wide which makes it uncrowded and was nice. The pool was nice, although there were a lot of people in at once, including some teenaters who were monkeying around. There was also a nice tiki hut/bar, cafe restaurant with all you can eat breakfast included in the rate.

All in all I thought this was a decent place to stay with kids for a beach vacation and would recommend it.

Aug 19th, 2002, 12:42 PM
Sally

Thanks for the report. We usually rent a condo but I will check out the Outrigger next time I am over there just to see what the rooms are like. I've past by it many times and was curious.

Search this Thread