Ft. Meyers to Boca grande where to stop and eat

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2005, 03:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Help. We are travelling with 18 month old twins this month. I didn't know that the drive from Ft. meyers to Boca Grande is two hours. It is a lot to ask them to sit still for two hours with no break after sitting in an airplane. Is there a good place to stop en route for lunch like a really good diner or other kind of food. We don't do McDonalds.
Emma
Old Mar 5th, 2005, 04:28 PM

ttt for emmagus
Old Mar 5th, 2005, 05:27 PM

Hi Emmagus,
I would suggest that you would want to make your pit stop in Punta Gorda or the southern portion of Port Charlotte. Are you taking I-75 from Ft.Myers? Let us know and then we can direct you to some options.
Old Mar 5th, 2005, 05:33 PM
Original Poster

I have no idea which roure would be fastest. I haven't looked at a map. Which route is the quickest way there?
Emma
Old Mar 5th, 2005, 06:06 PM

ttt
Old Mar 5th, 2005, 06:40 PM

ttt
Old Mar 6th, 2005, 04:20 AM
Original Poster

what does the message: ttt mean?
Emma
Old Mar 6th, 2005, 06:41 AM

ttt is webspeak for topping, or sending a post to the top of the list so it might get a response.

There is almost nothing between Fort Myers and Boca Grande, at least not anything really worth mentioning. You are driving through the most decimated part of Florida from last fall's hurricanes and many places have not reopened.

I'll search around and see if I can find a recommendation for you. I don't know that it will necessarily take you two hours to get to Boca Grande. I usually can drive it, even in season, in 90 mins or less. LMF
Old Mar 6th, 2005, 03:21 PM

LMF- Isn't River City Grille up and running in downtown Punta Gorda? They have outdoor dining, a nifty, loudish crowd indoors at lunch, meaning that kiddies won't be noticed and they have great food that is not junk food. They could take I-75 and exit at 17? head toward Punta Gorda? If they didn't exit for PG for lunch, what exit would you have them taking off I-75? That would help as I might know of some places depending on the route you suggest.

I really think it might take them two hrs. especially if they are leaving from the Ft. Myers beach area.
Old Mar 7th, 2005, 02:02 AM

Jaye: People equate Fort Myers Beach with Fort Myers and they are not the same. It can take an hour to get off the FMB island during high season as there is only one two lane road and on bridge at either end. I was just figuring time from South Fort Myers, not the beach.

I'm glad something is open in Punta Gorda and that it is good. I lived in Punta Gorda for 6 years and never had a decent meal in town in that time. I lived at Burnt Store Marina and our restaurant was always recommended but I thought it was ghastly.

The development is so strong in PGI, new million dollar condos, etc. that places will eventually open. I have nothing to say for Port Charlotte.

I do like Boca Grande. Lots of understated charm.
I like the Pink Elephant restaurant there but haven't been there for two years.

LMF