Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Ft.Lauderdale NOW (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/ft-lauderdale-now-1684956/)

TLadyzh Jul 29th, 2020 10:31 AM

Ft.Lauderdale NOW

Hi!
guys I am at ft.Lauderdale now and everything I wanted to do is closed.
ill take any tips on what to do and where to eat.

please help.

staying at GalleryOne Doubletree

thanks a lot

Moderator1 Jul 29th, 2020 11:34 AM

Moved to the US Forum and tagged for Florida

MmePerdu Jul 29th, 2020 12:07 PM

Where to go: Home, NOW.

Where to eat: At home.

No one can help. As you've found out, this isn't the time to be in Ft. Lauderdale or anywhere except home.

mlgb Jul 29th, 2020 05:16 PM

Everything (?) is closed probably because there is a Tropical Storm on the way for the weekend, have you turned on the TV or looked at the news? Oh yeah, and COVID-19.

If you can't get home then go to a supermarket and stock up on supplies, water, food and a flashlight.

TLadyzh Jul 30th, 2020 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by mlgb (Post 17137114)
Everything (?) is closed probably because there is a Tropical Storm on the way for the weekend, have you turned on the TV or looked at the news? Oh yeah, and COVID-19.

If you can't get home then go to a supermarket and stock up on supplies, water, food and a flashlight.

No, not everything closed.
we just came from Everglades and it was AMAZING!

Ate at LaCasserola Venezuelan restaurant and going to the beach later.

suze Jul 30th, 2020 01:59 PM

You're the one who just said everything you wanted to do was closed.

Why don't you ask the hotel front desk what is open?

rncheryl Jul 30th, 2020 04:40 PM

I live here, and we are not going out. Local ICUs are full. Storm, possibly Cat 1 coming.

There are plenty of restaurants serving. If you MUST, find one with an outdoor patio seating.

schmerl Jul 31st, 2020 04:09 AM

I hope you enjoy the hurricane.

mlgb Jul 31st, 2020 06:37 AM

I hope Florida just gets no more than a glancing blow, with no need to open shelters. Just what you need now!

TLadyzh Jul 31st, 2020 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by suze (Post 17137632)

You're the one who just said everything you wanted to do was closed.

Why don't you ask the hotel front desk what is open?

i know now. Weíve been given wrong information.
but what we did wanted to do was closed.
hotel didnít have a concierge but I found someone and we had a lot of fun so far.

i am surprise how hostile everyone here.
you guys USED TO BE happy and helpful and YES hotel people can help but you here usually knew more if you are local...
this place seems took a turn to worse. So sad

garyt22 Jul 31st, 2020 06:38 PM

This site has never been happy... everyone is a know it all and now they're older and grumpier... have fun on your vacation and subsequent hospitalization...

Gretchen Aug 1st, 2020 12:00 PM

Just out of curiosity, where did you travel from and what made you want to go to Florida in the worst spike of the pandemic. Oh, and hurricane.

rncheryl Aug 1st, 2020 04:35 PM

Local news today full of interviews with vacationers who had No Freaking Idea that a hurricane was coming.

Macross Aug 1st, 2020 05:13 PM

I was laughing that the Washington Nationals took a vote on if they should travel to covidville to play Miami. 20 players positive. HARD PASS. I live in Fl and have not eaten out once since the end of Feb. It isn't safe. . I am on the coast but nothing is closed but jetty park. They made all the travel trailers and campers leave. I wonder what all the cruise ships will do? They rotate 6 into port and the others stay offshore. They are bringing the astronauts back Sunday but now they will land in the gulf. Exciting.

TLady, did you fly here from another state? This is only a cat1 so you will be find. Road flooding so be careful if driving.

TLadyzh Aug 1st, 2020 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Gretchen (Post 17138439)
Just out of curiosity, where did you travel from and what made you want to go to Florida in the worst spike of the pandemic. Oh, and hurricane.

I am in Philly and bf is in Jersey.
we had a ball in FL!
everglade was great. Restaurant LaCasserole was yummy. Ocean clean and warm.

we are thinking of going back soon.

thanks for your vibrant negativity! Lmao

TLadyzh Aug 1st, 2020 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by schmerl (Post 17137881)
I hope you enjoy the hurricane.

we left right before. And I am sure those who didnít leave - survived and doing just wonderful.!

Gretchen Aug 2nd, 2020 08:24 AM

I really WAS interested. People weer still arriving in Florida as the first bands hit. People travel for all kinds of reasons.

And out of another curiosity, did you wear a mask? I am trying to understand people and their reaction to Covid19.

Barbara Aug 2nd, 2020 09:04 AM

Hope you stay Covid-free.

Gretchen Aug 3rd, 2020 04:03 AM

And, of course, one of the reasons being given for the spread of Covid at the moment is people travelling from one area of infection to another and then bringing it back to their area.

Macross Aug 3rd, 2020 04:25 AM

He needs to quarantine after being here.