House rental on water in Maine

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19th, 2004, 09:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone got any great leads on a house to rent on the ocean in Maine in late July??? Have checked out VRBO websiter which is great but would love a personal recommendation by someone. ALso activity suggestions in area for 16, 12 adn 10 year olds... THanks
Old Feb 19th, 2004, 10:17 AM

Check out this website: www.heartsofmine.com
We rented Wahoa Bay Cottage, which is a large home right on the Atlantic. It was very secluded, in that you don't even see any neighbors. This husband and wife company manages rental homes, and told us alot about the area. Even sent us to a dock to buy lobster right off of the boat.
We loved this vacation so much, that we will be making a repeat visit in September.
Old Feb 20th, 2004, 08:02 AM
Original Poster

Hey Highbay! Love this message but could not pull up www.heartsormine.com. Any other suggestions as to how to get to the website? Thanks a bunch.
Old Feb 20th, 2004, 08:05 AM

Did you enter heartsormaine? It is heartsofmaine ( hearts of maine). If you still can't get it to come up (which I did yesterday) do a search for hearts of maine in google or dogpile.
Old Feb 20th, 2004, 10:39 AM

Elmiller:
Where you successful finding the site?
Old Feb 20th, 2004, 03:23 PM
Original Poster

Yes Highbay! THanks so much. I was looking under heart of MINE not Maine. Silly me! Thanks again. LOoks awesome.....
Old Feb 23rd, 2004, 01:50 PM

Hello, highbay. I came across Hearts of Maine recently, and am considering a two-week rental from them. However, I'd like to do some consumer research before committing. They have a good record with the BBB. What else can you tell me? Are their properties accurately represented on their web site? Got any other helpful information? Thank you!
Old Feb 24th, 2004, 05:18 PM

We rented the Wahoa Bay Cottage and it was every bit as nice as the picture on the internet was. The people were a delight to work with. We actually told them what we were looking for and the dates we were looking at. We also have 2 cairn terriers that we were bringing, so they made our "match".
I needed something shipped overnight and they were so accommodating, allowing delivery to their home, since there was no postal delivery at the home we were renting.
They just seemed to go beyond what was really neccessary.
Old Feb 25th, 2004, 07:08 AM

Elmiller,
I'm sorry I can't help you with your search. Perhaps you can answer a question for me? Have you rented homes through VRBO? I've been trying to find someone who has actually done that. If, yes, did you have a good experience? I would be VERY greatful for any info you can offer. ([email protected]) Please put VRBO as the subject of any message you may send--so my email program will accept it. Thanks
Old Feb 25th, 2004, 01:43 PM

Highbay, thanks for the recommendation and the information. Every indication is that Hearts of Maine is well worth doing business with, so I am sending them my deposit in tomorrow.