From Newark airport to Midtown NYC

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have searched and read posts. Tell me exactly how to use the AirTrain to get into NYC-Penn Station. What signage do I look for. Thanks, I know yall are experts for a Southerner!
Old Nov 13th, 2008, 12:24 PM

Have you looked at the EWR website?
Old Nov 13th, 2008, 12:29 PM

AirTrain to Newark Airport Train Station (AirTrain is like a little shuttle train that stops at the terminals and parking garages, not just the train station). Look for signs for AirTrain - hard to miss.

From the train station, take a New Jersey Transit train to NY Penn Station. You can buy tickets at a machine in the terminal before you even get on AirTrain - which is free except for getting into the airport train station.

You can also take Amtrak but more expensive, not much faster. I think you can also take a PATH train...
Old Nov 13th, 2008, 12:49 PM

Reply to tncricket,
Here our some more details for finding the Airtrain upon arrival into Newark airport (EWR):
As you exit the arrival gate at Newark airport, you proceed in the direction of baggage claim area until you reach the security checkpoint area, there are vending machines where you can buy a ticket to the airtrain using credit card, cash, etc. The airtrain is located up one level from the security checkpoint area which you can reach by escalator or elevator.
Feel free to ask more
Old Nov 13th, 2008, 12:53 PM

No PATH train from the Newark Airport train station.

Go to this site and click on "Airport Plan" to see the AirTrain route and train connections

http://www.panynj.gov/CommutingTrave...rkliberty.html

On the map you will also note another important fact: to reach your destination--New York Penn Station--you will pass through Newark Penn Station. Some find thisd confusing--stay on the train for New York!
Old Nov 13th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Original Poster

Thanks! I knew I had read some tips! You made it very clear for me!
Thank you!
Old Nov 13th, 2008, 08:23 PM

Take the monorail to the train station, the signage is good.
As mentioned there are two options - NJ Transit or Amtrak. They both run on the same tack to the same place but Amtrak costs more. One point of possible confusion is that there is a Penn Station in Newark and also one in New York. Buy your ticket for NY Penn Station from the machine at the train station. Be sure to keep your ticket as you will need it on the train.
If you take the train from NY Penn back to the airport, be sure to hold on to your ticket because you need it to exit the station.