Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   From Chapel Hill To Durham .... (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/from-chapel-hill-to-durham-596415/)

bonniebroad Mar 4th, 2006 07:37 PM

From Chapel Hill To Durham ....

AND HOME WE GO WITH A VICTORY!!!

Way to go, Tar Heels! Take that one, Dukies!!!

:-d :-d :-d :-d :-d

Sid Mar 4th, 2006 07:47 PM

GO HEELS!!

cmcfong Mar 5th, 2006 05:11 AM

And from Winston Salem to Raleigh....AT LAST THE DEACS WON ONE

bonniebroad Mar 5th, 2006 06:04 AM

cmcfong, you know what? Though I have attended several State home games this year, and consider them my second-favorite team after Carolina, I was HAPPY that Wake finally won one yesterday, even over State!!! ;;) I always thinks how bad the MOTHERS of the players feel when the team is losing every game ... :p (Yes, I know ... I'm strange! :-d )

marymg Mar 5th, 2006 07:43 AM

Everyone thinks I am really strange... I have worked at Duke for 15 years and am glad when they lose because they are in a word... arrogant!!

bonniebroad Mar 5th, 2006 08:27 AM

marymg, I have a friend who's husband is an assistant coach or some such position with the Puke ...er, I meant Duke ... FOOTBALL team. Even she cannot stand the basketball crew over at Duke; says they think they are the hottest of the hot!!! :p Boy, do I agree with you both!!!

cmcfong Mar 5th, 2006 08:52 AM

Thanks, Bonnie. Whatever arrogance Prosser et al had with Chris Paul (and we were never as bad as _uke) is long gone and we are grateful for small blessings. I was glad to see Eric Williams and Justin Grey have a final win after the horror of this season

Bubba2 Mar 5th, 2006 09:49 AM

What does any of this have to do with travel? I suggest you post these kind of comments with the likes of ESPN or Sports Illustrated.

Binthair Mar 5th, 2006 10:32 AM

As an alum of Duke and UNC, with a spouse who went to NC State, somebody is always a winner here. It wouldn't be much of a rivalry if there wasn't an upset with some regularity now would it? No team can afford to be arrogant for long in the ACC!

bonniebroad Mar 5th, 2006 11:53 AM

Binthair, don't we live in the very best place for a sports fan? And, oh my goodness, how everyone loves to pull for UNC or NC State and whoever plays Duke, of course!!! :D

mikemo Mar 5th, 2006 12:05 PM

Mom was a 1940 UNCG grad and sis got her doc at UNC. Forget the pros, all these NC teams are great.
Womens' soccer, anyone?
M

bonniebroad Mar 6th, 2006 06:20 AM

:-d :-d :-d :-d :-d :-d :-d :-d

Happy Monday, all! Are there any other Carolina fans who can still NOT wipe the grin off their face??? :p

LadyOLeisure Mar 6th, 2006 07:47 AM

Hi Bonnie! We watched the game with our across-the-street neighbors who are big UNC fans too. HAD A WONDERFUL TIME!

Then the girls won the ACC Championship game yesterday! GO HEELS!

It's getting to be time for another GTG -- I'm thinking April 15 or 16 -- potluck at my place? I'll make a separate announcement so as not to hijack this thread.

bonniebroad Mar 6th, 2006 08:02 AM

LadyOLeisure ... That was such a fun game to watch. A friend and I worked outselves into a frenzy pulling UNC through!!! :p Makes me so proud of the ACC (though admittedly we are *drooping* a little this year.) So cool that ESPN gave the game enormous coverage all over the country so a great many people got to see REAL basketball! :-d

Easter weekend is April 15/16, and we will be out of town then. Otherwise, I'd love to do a GTG then!

obxgirl Mar 6th, 2006 08:32 AM

Bonnie, There was a WHOLE LOT of screaming going on in our hour that night!

Heels Rule!

SAnParis Mar 6th, 2006 09:01 AM

From the Big Ten - bring your best to the dance, if you think a bunch of Freshmen, or a 1 man team has a chance, forget it !

Bubba2 Mar 19th, 2006 12:59 PM

He who laughs last laughs best.

George Mason 65 - TarHoles 60.

Go Duke!

bonniebroad Mar 19th, 2006 01:03 PM

Congratulations to George Mason ... they played one heck of a game! (My Tar Heels will have shed their *freshman quakes* next year, and then we'll see! :-) )

obxgirl Mar 19th, 2006 06:10 PM

Nicely stated bonniebroad. George Mason earned the win.

Wishing the remaining ACC teams, Duke and BC the best in the tournament!!

Bubba2, are you a professional vulgarian?