Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

French Restaurants (Fondue) in Naples, Florida?

Dec 2nd, 2003, 12:00 PM
Original Poster

Hi there.

Just wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a good fondue place in Naples???
Dec 2nd, 2003, 12:10 PM

Well, jamierin, I knew if you kept asking enough you'd stump me sooner or later. I don't know of a place in Naples that serves fondue!! I think L'aberge on Fifth used to, but I just called and asked -- no dice!!!
Dec 2nd, 2003, 12:26 PM
Original Poster

How is Fuel Cafe?
Dec 2nd, 2003, 12:50 PM
Original Poster

Okay Patrick!

I am really not trying to stump you, but I do know that you'll probably have an answer to this one - since you are a man about town - where to go dancing?

If I am only "allowed" to go to one mall (No - I don't wear a leash (!) but I do want to keep the peace on our anniversary trip), which one should I visit?

Thanks.
Dec 2nd, 2003, 01:10 PM

Well, most of my dancing is confined to the stage at the Sugden. LOL

The top spots tend to be the Ritz and the Registry. I haven't heard lately what's happening at either.

Fuel Cafe was fine. Nothing great, and was really slow. A group of us went before the member preview the other night. We met there at 6 and started worrying about making the 8 curtain.
But all liked the food. Wines by the glass were pricey. I guess the overall impression was that for the same money there are a lot of places on Fifth with more atmosphere and just as good food.

But I hear breakfast is great there. And I didn't look at a lunch menu.
Dec 5th, 2003, 07:29 AM

The dance club at the Registry is re-opening on the 20th - I can't remember the name, it begins with an "L". The valet told me it will be more conservative than Zanzibar which was there before. Also, for dancing check out Yabba's on 5th after 10:30 pm. Before that it's just dinner and drinks. Also, Pazzo (also on 5th ) also has dancing late night. The only fondue I nkow of is Melting Pot in Fort Myers. There was a Foundue place downtown a LONG time ago (1970's) that I went to as a kid but my parents who live here remember it from our vacation here then. I looked for it when I moved here but am sure it is long gone.