Free Dining is back during August & September at Walt Disney World

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1st, 2006, 07:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FREE dining is coming back at Walt Disney World! Yes, for stays starting August 13 - September 30, you can get the Magic Your Way Plus Dining package for the price of a regular Magic Your Way package! This was a hugely popular deal last Fall. ONLY Disney Rewards Visa cardholders can book this package starting April 1. The general public will be able to book it starting April 4.

This information is from www.mousesavers.com
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 10:39 AM

I don't really get the value of this. If you get the Magic Your Way Package for 5 nights for 2 adults and 2 children under 9 the cost is $1222 at a value resort. If you just book the value resort for 5 nights it is only $559. What else are you getting for the extra $663 besides the "free" dining. Neither option includes tickets. I'm not being critical - just curious.
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 10:45 AM

Which goes to show, is "free" really "free"?
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 12:14 PM

wtm003,

Are you sure? I looked on Disneyworld's website, and it seems to me that tickets are included in the Magic Your Way package. Below is a quote:

"Magic Your Way Package: Enjoy a flexible and affordable stay amidst the magic in the Walt Disney World® Resort that fits your family's needs. Your Resort stay includes Special Guest Benefit Services, a Magic Your Way Base Ticket for entry into one Theme Park for each day of your ticket, as well as a Disney's PhotoPass Cerfitificate."

As much as we usually spend on food at WDW, I can't imagine free food not being a good deal!
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 12:29 PM
Original Poster

The Magic Your Way vacation package includes your accomodations and park passes allowing you to enter one park per day - the park hopper option can be added on for the extra cost. This promotion gives the dining option, which saves a family of four about $95.00 per day. The dining plan includes a table service meal, a counter service meal, and a snack per day.
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 01:26 PM

Thanks for the clarification. I was confused by this statement on the mousesavers website. I believe it refers to upgrading your room. "You must purchase at least a 1-Day Base Ticket with this package." I had assumed it was in addition to the room cost.

Old Apr 5th, 2006, 07:37 PM
trippinkpj

I think with the park passes for five days it sounds worth it.