Freaky Friday Raves and Rants July 29 2005 by Bucket

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29th, 2005, 12:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm up late, and I'll start. You all know my requests. One post per person, raves and rants only, save private conversations until later, ladies ... we'll have tea and gossip then.

Rave: we just returned from 4 days each in Washington DC, Williamsburg, Savannah, and Baton Rouge.

Rant: daughter angry that we would not pay for her guest, only our children. Guest did join us for almost a week and dh paid restaurant bills, but refused to pay hotel as well. ta-ta!
Old Jul 30th, 2005, 12:43 PM

after reading the post entitled "Jorr's FFRR 7/29?" I HAD to post to this.

Rave: more comforable temp/humidity. Did not have to cancel bicycle ride (travel topic!) around Sacandaga Lake after all - a da*N nice day.

Rant: Obsessing because a given expected thread (FFRR) isn't found yet at 8:41 and silly compacts to boycott the similar thread (H.B.'s) that IS there.

Rave: Hyacith's request is reasonable.

Rant: Personal conversations (anyone ever heard of email??) like in "Jorrs" FFRR with as many as 11 posts by 1 person and many with 4-6. FFR&R is no longer fun, including this one. Used to be, however.
Old Jul 30th, 2005, 01:03 PM

Gee, rb, do I win some sort of prize?
It's got to be a slow day if you spend your time counting up the number of posts someone makes -- whatever floats your boat, I guess.

Have a good one
Old Jul 30th, 2005, 01:14 PM

It only takes a minute. I paste the thead into a text file, omit all lines that don't start with "Author: " then sort the remaining lines. Yes, your's in particular stood out. No slow day - I did my 75 miles of bicycling today - what's YOUR travels been?
Old Jul 30th, 2005, 01:31 PM

Just been a slave to my computer -- writing one boring report after another. Wow, 75 miles is impressive - my youngest is up to about 40.
Old Jul 30th, 2005, 05:16 PM

rb - is Sacandaga Lake up near Lake George? I just heard about this lake today when I called someone and they told me they were heading up to this lake (or a lake that sounds a lot like this lake) today. We've never been around Lake George.

75 miles is impressive - I'm not sure my butt could tolerate that long on a bike!

And my travel related rave is that my husband and I are heading to Montana and Glacier NP next week to hike, mountain bike and go white water rafting, without kids. Most normal people would choose a beach getaway for a "couple" vacation without kids, but we are going to spend ours doing the things we love and our kids are not so fond of.

My rant is that the summer has to end. I am thoroughly enjoying our vacations, our time at the pool and my outside work-outs and NOT getting up early, NOT doing homework, NOT driving to soccer, basketball, swim lessons, etc. etc.
Old Jul 31st, 2005, 02:34 PM

karens: yes, the NE branch of Sacandaga is somewhat near LkGeorge. Originally "Sacandaga Reservior", it is man-made to help control flooding along the Hudson River -- back in the 30s or 40s, I think. Later renamed to Great Sacandaga Lake. We stopped for a dip in the lake at Northhampton Beach State Park, off Rt 30 just south of Northville.

I've done as much as 200 miles in a (long 17 hour) day, but seldom do more than lower 100's, and usually 50-60. I've cross the country twice, but along a more southern route, and doing a northern one, especially thru Glacier NP is one of my dreams.

seetheworld: nothing shabby about 40 miles, especially considering that most people will never exceed 20. I'm not a racer, but more a "stop and smell the roses" type rider. Slow, steady, not fast, and some will say "half fast" (but not spelled exactly that way)