Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Freaky Friday Rants & Raves, Jan 7, 2005 (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/freaky-friday-rants-and-raves-jan-7-2005-a-493364/)

jor Jan 7th, 2005 05:11 AM

Freaky Friday Rants & Raves, Jan 7, 2005

Rant: PayPal (anyone else?)

Rave: The Holidays are over and I don't have to deal with my brother for a few months more if I"m lucky.

Rant: Not enough snow to insulate underground pipes from freezing and bursting.

Rave: Snow. The more the better.

cd Jan 7th, 2005 05:22 AM

RAVE: FFR&R's!
RAVE: Those 9:00pm martini's
RANT: Those pounds caused by the 9:00pm martini's.

GoTravel Jan 7th, 2005 05:27 AM

Rave: This weather!

It's been in the mid to upper 70s since right after Christmas and the 10 day forcast is showing no signs of letting up! I love it!

tpatricco Jan 7th, 2005 05:31 AM

Happy Friday!

Rave: Jor starting FFR&R!

Rave: The Holidays are over! Back to normal & time to start catching up with friends too busy to see over the last couple months.

Rave: My workload is finally starting to get more manageable. On Monday, I'll celebrate 10 years at my company! I am lucky to work at such a great place!

Rave: Plans are firming up for end of April trip to Ft. Meyers, Keys & South Beach with friends! Something to look forward to!

Rave: Weekend's here with almost no plans! Aaaaahhhhh!

Have a great weekend everyone!

TxTravelPro Jan 7th, 2005 05:34 AM

Rant ~ Some creep broke into my daughter's car last night at work and stole her stereo and all her CD's (about 50) and busted up her dash.
She was just heartbroken... having never been a victim of crime it really scared and upset her.
Breaks your heart when bad things happen to people you love.

Rave ~ They did not hurt HER (TG), break her window, or steal the whole car.

Rant ~ It's so cold and dreary here right now!

Rave ~ It will be 70 again by Sunday or Monday!

Scarlett Jan 7th, 2005 05:35 AM

Good morning!

Rave: Winter in Florida.
Rave: Going back to Paris in March.

Wishing my Fodorpals a good weekend!((F))

jersey Jan 7th, 2005 05:40 AM

Happy New Year..

Rant-New Jersey in January.

Rave-DD is being recruited to play soccer at American University (her first choice of colleges). We're keeping our fingers crossed for her.

Rave-Going to Florida for a long weekend the first weekend of February.

Rave-People who give their time and money for the relief efforts for the tsunami victims.

Rave- The family is healthy this moment.

uhoh_busted Jan 7th, 2005 05:59 AM

Rant: I'm already burned out at work.
Rave: jor! I've got a "difficult" sister-in-law, maybe we could hook her up with your brother and we will be able to send them off on their own for the rest of our lives :)

jasper Jan 7th, 2005 06:03 AM

friday is here! :-)

rave: plans to stay in, all weekend! I-)
-rant: been sick for 3 weeks! flu, cold. etc... #-O

rave: kitty is good, have to get his nails clipped tomorrow morning. ((@))

rave: man starts new job monday, pretty exciting! ((Y))

rave: my orders over the internet came the last 2 days! new dvd's, and kitchen stuff! \:D/

:D

iceeu2 Jan 7th, 2005 06:12 AM

Rave: Continuing the holiday celebrations! DH's son and his wife will be here to celebrate with us this weekend. ((r))((r))((r))

Rant: Continuing holiday celebrations!

Ryan Jan 7th, 2005 06:18 AM

Having had one brother who passed away 20 years ago and another that ships out for a 12 month tour in Iraq on Monday, I'd suggest that one is extremely lucky when they can see their siblings (even those they don't see eye to eye with) in a few months.

Tandoori_Girl Jan 7th, 2005 06:45 AM

TX, I had this happen to me once and it taught me a great lesson, to keep my valuables out of my car. But what a way to learn a lesson. Too bad but those CDs can be replaced, glad she's OK.

Rave: Surprising my brother by showing up at his birthday dinner in Panama City beach over the Christmas holidays.

Rant: He only acted surprised because my ditsy mom spilled the beans.

Rave: Thing's are back to normal after the holidays.

Rant: No more holidays!

Statia Jan 7th, 2005 06:45 AM

Happy New Year Everyone!

Rave: The holidays are over and it's back to eating right and exercising. New year = new beginnings.

Rave: The Christmas winds are finally here and it's nice and breezy out.

Rave: DH and I have been working on house plans and really enjoying all the dreaming, excitement and decisions.

Rant: Car problems.

Rant: All those who will be affected in Asia for quite some time to come.

Rave: The way the world is coming together in a time of need.

Rant/Rave: My Jack Russell got into another mini-accident New Years Eve, but he's healing fine. We've started calling him "crash." :D

Have a great weekened all my Fodorite Friends! :)

cd Jan 7th, 2005 06:54 AM

Statia
Shouldn't that be "cash" instead? :-)

Statia Jan 7th, 2005 06:56 AM

I suppose you could be right, CD. :D However, considering there isn't a vet on the island where we live, hubby and I have to "wing it" with him. I've started calling hubby Dr. DH. :)

LoriNY Jan 7th, 2005 07:05 AM

Rave: It's Friday, we made it through the first full week of the new year
Rave: Football playoffs begin and the JETS are in!
Rant: They'll be out by Saturday night (IMHO - they don't deserve to be there!, and this from a fan)
Rant: so many people out of the office sick
Rave: DH ad I are still OK (knock wood)

Have a great weekend!

atilla Jan 7th, 2005 07:07 AM

RAVE: Our Canadian DART (Disaster Assistance Response Team) who left for Sri Lanka yesterday. Their contribution to the relief effort will be very significant and is much needed.

RANT: Frigidly cold temperatures forecasted for the weekend here.

Statia - We started calling our dog "Bill" quite some time ago because that's what we got from the vet every few months it seemed, another bill! Hope your puppy makes a full recovery.

Statia Jan 7th, 2005 07:14 AM

Atilla :D That's a good one, too. Thanks for the wishes.

sundowner Jan 7th, 2005 07:16 AM

Speaking of dogs,
Rant/Rave both at the same time - my daughter surprised me with a late Christmas gift Sunday night - a 6 week old Great Dane puppy. I must admit I've always wanted a Great Dane but kind of like I've always wanted a half million dollar beach house - it ain't gonna happen! So now we have a 1 year old black lab, Waffles, and she is fully house trained, great dog with my younger kids and a brand new, gotta be house trained, puppy named Butterbean (until the kids change it again).

TxTravelPro Jan 7th, 2005 07:16 AM

Jor ~ Paypal??? What's the problem? I use it often to purchase items off eBay, should I be concerned?