Search

Freaky Friday Rants and Raves, Christmas Eve 2004

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24th, 2004, 05:27 AM
jor
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Freaky Friday Rants and Raves, Christmas Eve 2004

Rant: -15 F this morning Without the wind chill factor. -45 with the wind chilllllll

Rave. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all fodorites where ever you may be and what ever religion you may or may not follow. ><
Old Dec 24th, 2004, 05:32 AM

Rave: I don't live where jor lives.

Rant: It's still cold!

Rant: my clothes are getting tight from all these holiday treats.

Rave: My family is happy, healthy, and together for Christmas.

Rave: Happy Holidays to all!
Old Dec 24th, 2004, 05:41 AM
Dan

Rant: It is even cold in New Orleans AND our third-world utility company managed to take 3 hours to restore electricity to my house yesterday despite the freezing temps. BRRRRRR!

Rave: Fodors.com and the 99% of the people on here who aren't trolls.
Old Dec 24th, 2004, 05:44 AM
GoTravel

Rave: Thank goodness jor keeps that weather up there with him in the
TUNDRA

Rant: My beloved Siamese.

Rave: My wonderful Jen-Jen Kitty who has healed my heart.

Rave: Merry Christmas you wonderful Fodorites! I think I love every damn one of you!

Best Wishes, Feliz Navidat, Happy Chanukah, Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanza, yadda, yadda, yadda, sentimental crap and all that

Old Dec 24th, 2004, 05:45 AM
GoTravel

p.s. Since jor started the Freaky Friday Rants and Raves, it's only fair we keep his at the top!

Old Dec 24th, 2004, 05:46 AM
GoTravel

Um, let's try again.

Since jor originally started the Freaky Friday Rants and Raves, I think it's only fair we keep his at the top.

Aaacckkk! Going back to bed.

Old Dec 24th, 2004, 05:48 AM
JJ5

Rave: It is SO cold (we beat jor- we are just around 0 degrees)that several new friends on the block have decided to stay home and we are having a block Christmas Eve dinner.

Rant: It is SO cold that all the Midnight and earlier Masses and church services are going to be hard for the older people to attend.

Biggest Rave: 12 days off of work.

Empathetic Rant: O'Hare cancelled (United) many flights yesterday and 13 people have missed their 2pm cruise departure out of New Orleans. Three families on the news stuck at O'Hare because they can't leave without their children's car seats. Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to all and a Happy Holiday Season for everyone. Prayers also that next Christmas, our service people in Armed Forces will be home.
Old Dec 24th, 2004, 05:51 AM

Rave: Jor got his FFR&R's going again.

Rave: I get off work at noon today.

Rant: I have to work at my other "travel fund" job until 11:00 tonight.

Rant: Hubby leaves for work for the night just as I get home, so I'll be spending Christmas Eve all by my lonesome. At least I have the pups!

Rave: Actually looking forward to my day of cooking for our dinner with friends tomorrow night.

Rave: My parents are happy, healthy and still with us after a health scare with each of them this year.

Rave: Looking forward to 2005 since 2004 has sure been a tough one in many ways.

Rave: The many friendships I have in both real life and cyber space.

Wishing all of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy Holiday!
Old Dec 24th, 2004, 05:54 AM

Good Morning jor and All of Fodorville !!

Rave:
It is in the 50s. I will take it!
Beeeeg Rave:
editors@ fodors.com
my pals on Fodors
Fodors has been here when I have needed it, say that about all of your friends LOL
I am better now ~

successful diets ( bonnie
finding sweet pets to heal the heart
Old pets that still heal the heart

Travel - no matter where
Family
Health
Friends ( real or cyber)
Remembering FodorFriends that are no longer here with us~

OK, enough mushy stuff!!
Love, Scarlett

Old Dec 24th, 2004, 05:55 AM
P_M

Rant: Jocelyn P is correct about the clothes getting tight. I hate how clothes shrink this time of year. And to add insult to injury, my gym is closed Dec. 24-26, so my clothes will shrink even further.

Rave: For the first time ever, I do NOT have to travel at Christmas this year. And did I ever pick the right year to stay home, as the place I would be going is iced over.

Rave: Happy Holidays, love and peace to the good Fodorites of the world.
Old Dec 24th, 2004, 05:55 AM

Rant: Two of my oldest, bestest friends having to go to Canada to get their partnership of 22 years legally recognized, because they cannot do so in the "land of the free".

Yes, this is a genuine rant. No, this is not a troll. And no, this is not intended to start yet another debate on the issue.

And JJ5, if a few million more Americans had voted differently last month, you would have gotten your wish. As it is, don't hold your breath.

Happy Holidays all!
Old Dec 24th, 2004, 06:07 AM

RANT: Woke up in a panic realizing all i need to do for tonight and tomorrow. Watch now as i morph into the energizer bunny....

RAVE: But i'm lagging in the domestic area because we've ALREADY had the BEST Christmas (Advent) season with amazing celebrations, concerts, fun parties etc. etc... truly wonderful, we are blessed.

RAVE: Family is healthy, happy, and home together for church (the Reason for the Season) and the entire week!

RAVE: My wonderful cyber-friends, from whom i receive countless laughs and advice, both travel related and otherwise

RAVE: GoT's jen-jen kitty and ALL our precious four - legged friends!

RANT: Too many troops away from home this year; may God bless them and bring them home SOON.

Merry Christmas to all and may God Bless America!
Old Dec 24th, 2004, 06:08 AM

Rave: JOR's FFR&R!! (Jor, I know it's cold but at least you don't have to Mow the grass!!)

Rave: All my friends in Fodorville! I truly enjoy being a part of this community.

Rave: It's Christmas Eve & I'm looking forward to a wonderful afternoon & evening with my family, & tomorrow's gathering with DH's family. Looking forward to giving all our gifts!

Rant: Have a rotten cold again!

Minor Rant: DH is just starting to think about gift wrapping his items, after he goes out to wash our cars. BTW, It's about 35 degrees here in NJ right now. He is nuts.

Merry Christmas Everyone! Trish
Old Dec 24th, 2004, 06:10 AM

Rave--We have family living near us that we will spend Christmas with.

Rave--All the nice people here and the friendships that are made from these boards.

Rave--No rants
Old Dec 24th, 2004, 06:11 AM

One more rant/rave:

It is Christmas Day in Japan, home of my baby boy. Merry Christmas
Old Dec 24th, 2004, 06:47 AM
Cassandra

Rant: Never can sleep with all those hoofsteps thumping around on my roof and that commotion from some typically obese American in loud, tasteless clothes trying to get into my house through our 9" flue! ;-) Wonder if I'll get any presents after he finds the no-sugar, gluten-free, lo-carb cookies and the glass of soy milk!

Rave: have dear son, dear son's significant young woman, healthy husband, and reasonably tolerant cat around me for Christmas, the first without crisis or sadness in about 8 years! Prettiest tree ever, too!

Warm wishes to all for firelight and sparkly ornaments and the smell of spiced cider throughout the house.

Old Dec 24th, 2004, 06:50 AM
cd

RAVE; Only know Jor thru Fodorsville but so happy he got his FFR&R's back!YEA
RAVE; After 17 yrs we're finally home for good and don't have to travel to come home for Christmas.
RANT: Son and family still live in Houston and won't be able to make it home.
Old Dec 24th, 2004, 07:17 AM
GoTravel

fdecarlo, I rant with you about your friends having to go to Canada. One of my dear freinds brother has been with his partner for almost 45 years yet they cannot have a legal union in this country.

Rave: Jor

Old Dec 24th, 2004, 07:36 AM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
Rant: The older I get the harder it is to pack for a trip without thinking I'm forgetting something vital, as if there aren't drug stores in LA.

Rave: There are.

Rant: So we're leaving for the airport in 20 minutes, there to encounter a sea of humanity.

Rave: Curbside bag check, first class check-in line (thanks be to upgrade coupons), use of lounge.

Rant: The lounge and TSA lines probably will be mobbed too.

Rave: But we're flying to LA there to see loved ones.

Rant: But the weather says rain. Meaning flood.

Rave: But they live on a hill.

Rant: But we have to drive on the 405 to get there.

Rave: It will be worth it.

Big rave: Good e-friends at Fodors. Happy holidays and a grand '05 to all.
Old Dec 24th, 2004, 07:47 AM

Rave- husband finally came home last night from the Middle East where he was on business for the past 3 weeks.
Family all together!
No Rants.

Merry Christmas to all!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -