Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   FREAKY FRIDAY RANTS AND RAVES (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/freaky-friday-rants-and-raves-404185/)

emd Feb 27th, 2004 05:51 AM

FREAKY FRIDAY RANTS AND RAVES

It's early for this, jor doesn't usually get us going til after noon, but what the heck.

Rave: Signed on the line for the new car this wk. & pick it up tonight. Have only had two new cars in my life before this. It's a great car for travel and hiking/camping trips, lots of bells and whistles.

Rant: Can't get excited about the new car. Am grieving about giving up my old one after 15 loyal yrs. Can't bear the thought of having it picked up for donation next wk. How silly is this. Husband thinks I am nuts.

Rant: DC's problem w/lead in the pipes and water in many homes. What else does DC need, we are just recovering from 9/11. Oh, and the Natl. Zoo problems.

Rave: sunny today! ITS FRIDAY! and baseball starts soon!

Dick Feb 27th, 2004 05:58 AM

I think it's great that you are donating your car.

Are you aware of the cautions you should be taking because of the problems that have occurred in the DC area?

indytravel Feb 27th, 2004 06:15 AM

Rave: I got 495 RT airfare to Paris late April!

Rave: I'm going to Houston for the weekend where it will be warmer than Indiana!

Rant: Don't really have one. :-)

cyberUK Feb 27th, 2004 06:23 AM

Rave: heading to Rome next week (can't wait)

Rant: Still much planning to do, and I have to work this weekend

jasper Feb 27th, 2004 06:26 AM

rave: can't wait to relax now that it's the w'end!
rave: next week is my birthday!
rant: my poor kitty is getting 'fixed' this monday. :o
rant: i'm tired.

LoriNY Feb 27th, 2004 06:44 AM

Rave: leaving for Florida in a few hours.
Rant: At work right now and don't want to be
Rave/Rant: It's supposed to hit the 50s this weekend in NY and I'm in Florida. Why couldn't I go when it was 10 and snowing.

Ani Feb 27th, 2004 06:54 AM

RAVE: The countdown continues... I'm due in 7 weeks.

RAVE: And I'm still able to run on the treadmill!

RANT: I am getting NO sleep-maybe an hour ot 2 last night-and managed to pinch a nerve in my neck in the process. Soothing.

Scarlett Feb 27th, 2004 07:18 AM

jasper, I bet I know what your kitties RANT is :)

Rant: Up at 6 am waiting for the carpet installers, at 10 I called and found they are not coming..
Rave: I have to think of one, I am still too annoyed about the above Rant.

sam Feb 27th, 2004 07:21 AM

Rave: It's Friday!

Rave: My son turned 11 last week and we're having a Birthday Party for him- a sleepover for 10 of his friends on Saturday, then taking them all snow-tubing on Sunday!

Rant: 11 boys @ a sleepover wrestling and playing video games - ugh!

Rave: It's not at my house!

Rant: They grow up too fast!

pianogirl Feb 27th, 2004 07:28 AM

Rave: I leave for Hawaii in one week!

Rant: I have a very bad cold. Ugh!

viamar Feb 27th, 2004 07:46 AM

Rant: The price of gas. I just paid $47 to fill my tank and I don't drive a big SUV. I can't imagine how much it would cost to fill a Suburban.

Rave: It finally stopped raining (I love rain but I really need to get outside)!

Just started reading a new book "American Dynasty" by Kevin Phillips. It's a interesting book so far. I'd suggest reading it if you're on the fence about who to vote for in Nov.

It's Oscar weekend! I didn't see Lord of the Rings but I have feeling it's going to take home a lot of statues. Happy Friday.

Rachel Feb 27th, 2004 08:28 AM

rave 1: although there's still tons of snow on the ground i can see signs of Spring everywhere-buds on my Japanese maple, signs on the nursey and ice cream stand I pass going to work each day announcing their openings for the season next week.
rave 2: only about week til the girls go for a night out and see Bette Midler!
rant: 36 days til Spring vacation and a trip to Florida.

kikahead Feb 27th, 2004 08:55 AM

Rave: Rain stopped!!!
Rant: Our San Jose board psycho is back in full swing with FOUR names now

E Feb 27th, 2004 08:56 AM

Rave: Van Morrison is coming here in April--oh, joy!
Rant: Why oh why do people on this board post requsts for info and then fail to return?? I have asked follow up questions, given detailed suggestions, and checked back in vain for any kind of answer or acknowledgement from the original poster. Why, I'm beginning to feel unappreciated!

jasper Feb 27th, 2004 09:07 AM

scarlett...that's definatley my kitten's rant!

Leona Feb 27th, 2004 09:11 AM

Rant: Job
Rave: Going to Paris next week on a trip that was on/off/on again (for sure now), so isn't it great to have a job that pays for it?

So forget the rant!

rjw_lgb_ca Feb 27th, 2004 09:26 AM

RAVE: Sun's out! Rain gone for a couple of days, then clears up for my company's off-site conference in Dana Point! Yay!

RANT: Sister has to have surgery for a tiny lung tumor.

RAVE: Her doctors are at Memorial Sloane-Kettering; she's been through this before (VERY annoying, a bit frightening, but not horrible); prognosis is excellent! They force her to exercise after lung surgery-- and she's in the best shape of her life right now, so she'll be fine.

[UP ON SOAPBOX NOW]

RAVE: She's an inspiration to us all. Cancer is a LIFE sentence, not a death sentence, and it's up to us to keep our lives wonderful in sickness or in health.

RANT: More money needed for medical research! PLEASE donate to a major medical charity-- they all need your help (American Cancer Society, American Heart Association, AmFAR).

[END OF SOAPBOX PONTIFICATION]

RANT: People, people, do we *have* to mention this again? PUT THE PLACE YOU'RE ASKING ABOUT IN THE GODDAMN TITLE OF YOUR POST!!

RAVE: Counting the weeks until my Memorial Day Weekend trip to BOSTON!!!

RAVE: Thinking about South Beach for my 40th...!

RANT: My birthday is in AUGUST (*melt*)....

michelleNYC Feb 27th, 2004 09:31 AM

Rant: Horrible flu for the past 5 days but finally feeling kind of normal...

Rave: Going to a black-tie Oscar party on Sunday -- sounds like fun!

emd1 Feb 27th, 2004 09:39 AM

another rant: the whole rigamorole post this wk. from the mother who wanted to either: 1) take her kids to a place where she could get a drink w/food; 2) take her kids in a place where she could get a drink without food; 3) take her kids to a place where she could get a drink while waiting for food; 4) take her kids in a place where she could get sloshed and get picked up and go to a motel and leave the kids in the bar; 5) order a drink for the kids; 6) bait the kids to become alcoholics.
It got pretty silly but it sure got people going.

ms_go Feb 27th, 2004 09:49 AM

Rave: leaving for Hawaii in one week!

Rant: The horrible internet ticket system used to sell Cubs tickets, which went on sale this morning. I never want to see or hear the words "Virtual Waiting Room" again!