Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Freaky Friday Rants and Raves 3-17 (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/freaky-friday-rants-and-raves-3-17-a-599906/)

jorr Mar 16th, 2006 09:06 PM

Freaky Friday Rants and Raves 3-17

Rant: The week went too fast.

Rave: I cleared out lots of old files and papers.

Rave: More room for new stuff.

CAPH52 Mar 16th, 2006 09:09 PM

Hooray! I get to be first with the world's biggest rave: My husband is in complete remission!

Rave: Our daughter comes home in less than 8 hours!

Rave: It looks like we're going to Ireland a week from Saturday!

Life is good!

Scarlett Mar 16th, 2006 09:11 PM

And I repeat myself here for CAPH....Yay!!!!
I am SO happy for you all.

Rave:
CAPHS news
Rave:
My son arrives in the morning. Everything is ready and waiting, including a fridge full of his favorite foods lol..

No rants at all...annoyances really dim and fall away when there is an abundance of Good News and Happiness around :D

starrsville Mar 16th, 2006 09:24 PM

Rave - CAPH's news. What could be better?

Rave - Visits by Caph's and Scarlett's "babies" :-)

Rave - Family. Had a wonderful birthday dinner with sister. Old wounds are healing. Do we just get too tired or actually smarter as we get older?

Rave - The sadness is lifting. Back in the mood to be productive and enjoying renovation tasks.

Rave - Ever since I moved back to farmhouse I've wanted a white cat - just 'cause G'ma always had one. Received a call today from parents. A white stray appeared at their house. Do I want a white cat? I'm taking it as a sign that things are unfolding exactly as they are supposed to. Trust. Be patient. Believe.

Congrats again to CAPH & Hubby!!!

CAPH52 Mar 16th, 2006 09:36 PM

That white cat sounds like a good sign to me, Starrsville!

klr6773 Mar 16th, 2006 10:16 PM

Congrats to all so far on your wonderful news! Thank God somebody out there is having a good week!
Rant and Rave:
Well, Cristian the now ex boyfirend is back in Jersey where he should have stayed all along...and Jeter my wonderfully adorable new puppy was brought to the Oregon Dachshund Rescue last night. No way to have a puppy and not have someone home with him most of the day.The woman who runs it is wonderful,and I know Jeter, albeit with a new name I'm sure, will be placed with his best interests in mind.I am heartbroken for Pup and my daughter who doesn't understand why Daddy left her AGAIN and where is her new puppy?? Back to single motherhood trying to juggle the circus that I know as my life,but relieved that I was strong enough to put my foot down and realize that it's not worth all of my happiness just to have Daddy in the same house as daughter. My move across the country last Summer was significant to me as a fresh start,and I took a big step back these last 6 weeks.

Rave:Audio books on CD-should have tried them sooner-I love them!I wish I had them for my trip out here. Looking to find unabridged Janet Evanovich's Plum series.

Have a good week everyone!

OneWanderingJew Mar 16th, 2006 10:58 PM

Silly Rant: I'm just no good at bolding my text. Sorry!

Night!

OneWanderingJew Mar 16th, 2006 11:02 PM

Ok, something's screwy...I was able to retrieve my original post by clicking the back button so I've cut and pasted it here. Not sure where it went!!...maybe my comment about bolding will make sense if you read below.

<bold> Yay, CAPH, YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! <bold> What wonderful news about your husband--and having your daughter come home is the cherry on the top of the cake...Will you be going to Ireland now??

Happy Bday, Scarlett! Enjoy having your son home!

And here's your big ole bday cake, Starrsville Glad things are getting better for ya!

Rave: I have two seconds to myself to check FFRR. It's been a hectic couple of weeks (more about that in a sec.)

Rant: I have so much going on in my head that I keep waking up and not able to fall back to sleep--it's 2.30am folks

Rant/Rave: DH herniated a disk almost 2wks ago and was laid up-- and I mean flat on his back, unable to move! Poor baby. But the good news is that thanks to Mr. Pain Meds and a few shots from our friend the orthopedist, he's feeling better. (Thank Goodness b/c I've realized I make a lousy nurse. That running up and down the stairs wore me out!)

Rave: We're going out w/our closest friends Sat. night for 2 of the girl's bdays. Wasn't sure we were going to be able to join them, so this is good!

Rant: I'm in the midst of my busy season--tons of IEPs to write (special ed paperwork), extra meetings, grades due, other stuff going on at work. Can you say, "Stressed?"..and I'm a stress eater which stresses me out...

Rave: Only two more IEPs left to write and it's not the day before all my meetings!

Rave: This work stuff will lighten up after March 28th!

Rave: My Spring Break is in two weeks!!

Rant: No travel plans for my Spring Break--might have to fix that!!!

Rave: Started planning a trip to the Pacific NW (Seattle, Vancouver, Vancover Is.) Found 1st class tickets and it will cost us 10k less miles than if we went coach! Really! Delta has two 'pricing' levels, Skysaver and Skychoice. Skychoice costs double miles. I was able to find Skysaver 1st class seats (45k miles) but only Skychoice coach seats (50k miles). Go figure!

Am heading back to sleep, Happy St. Patrick's Day everybody!!

OneWanderingJew Mar 16th, 2006 11:04 PM

Ok, I give up! I had cute bday cake icons and a shamrock attached to my messages. Where did they go?

This is a sign I need some sleep, isn't it?

April Mar 16th, 2006 11:42 PM

Good news, CAPH52!

Rave: WAY more money is going out than is coming in. Enough already.

I can't find a shamrock so this will have to do.
%%-

April Mar 16th, 2006 11:46 PM

Oops, that was supposed to be a rant. Guess I need more sleep too.

BTilke Mar 17th, 2006 01:21 AM

Rave: Caph's good news and happy family news from other Fodorites

Rant: Husband took up swimming at health club to get in shape and promptly developed a skin infection from the pool.

Rave: Just finished 2+ weeks in Vienna and Krakow. Spent a day at Auschwitz/Birkenau, which was incredibly moving. Seeing it on a cold winter day really brought home the desolation and despair. There was a surprisingly large number of visitors from many countries, which is a rave, because the more people who see it, the better for humanity.

marigross Mar 17th, 2006 02:13 AM

Caph!!!! Wonderful news!!!

Rant: my project at work is at the critical phase and the vendor is NOT cooperating...feels like I have been pushing a wall for the past four weeks

Rave: a long awaited promotion seems to finally going be happening in the near future

Bigger Rave: going to Switzerland in July not only to visit DH's family but to actually see Switzerland

Rant: prices in Switzerland are so high that the hotels are going to eat up whatever salary increase I get with that promotion ;)

Major Rave: I am the mother of a teenager...DD is 13...and still nice...and still talks to me (most of the time)...and sometimes she actually sits down for dinner with us and converses...hope she stays like she is!

wagonwheel2 Mar 17th, 2006 03:28 AM

Rave: Congratulations and all the best for many happy days to CAPH and her husband.

Rave: Spring is ALMOST here !

Rave: 28 more days until we take our son for his first trip to Disney. I'm just as excited as he is to see the magic work it's wonder on him, and my husband, who is also visting Disney for the first time !

fun4all4 Mar 17th, 2006 03:59 AM

Rave: My first ever post on FFRR.

Rave: CAPH's good news!

Rave: Scarlett's son home for visit

Rave: Younger son (12 yo) and I leave for LA tomorrow morning. My sister and BIL moved there in August (from NYC - we live in Virginia). This will be our first visit to LA. So excited to spend time with sis and play tourist in LA. :-)

Rave: Older son (14 yo) played in his first HS soccer game on Tuesday - he played great and team won. A big thrill for him even though he has played for 10 years.

Rant: Same older son woke up Wednesday sick - miserable for 2 days and missed school and practice. Still just recovering so I have been "Mom nurse" all week.

Rant: Really need to get some "spring" cleaning and organizing going - need to do the closets and files.

Rave: Spring is coming!

Rave: My rants are minor

Have a great weekend everyone.

P_M Mar 17th, 2006 04:20 AM

MAJOR RAVE: CAPH, that's the best rave of all times in the history of this board!! I'm singing, dancing, yodeling, and wiping tears from my eyes. WOOHOO!! Enjoy your trip to Ireland, my friend. What perfect St. Patty's day news, you have made my day a joy already. :-)

Rant: A well-meaning but misguided family friend is posting BIL's bail. I'm glad FIL will be able to spend some time with him, but we fear that BIL will do something stupid while he's out.

Rant: Drunk/Stoned waiter last night!! We went to a fancy new restaurant and the waiter was sloshed, or something!! He talked endlessly in slow, slurred speech about really weird stuff, mostly none of which had anything to do with dinner. He spoke about the Hungarian uprising in 1956, how he was part of Cirque du Soliel, how he's a comedy writer, yadda, yadda. Thoughout the meal he kept butting into our conversations like he was part of our group, then talking about himself. At one point he came to the table with his shirt completely unbuttoned and his tie slung over his shoulder. The owner soon came by to apologize and she offered to comp our meal. She said she planned to fire him at the end of the evening, but she was afraid to do it while the restaurant was open for fear he'd make a scene in front of customers. DH asked her to make sure he doesn't come back to our table, and thankfully he didn't.

At the time it was happening this was really maddening but later we were laughing about it. I kept expecting Alan Funt to come out and tell us we're on Candid Camera, and this guy was only pretending to be a drunk, annoying creep. It didn't happen, but we'll be laughing about this guy for a long time.

Rave: I'm going to the DFW area to visit a friend for the weekend.

Happy St. Patty's Day, all!!

SuzieTrue Mar 17th, 2006 04:26 AM

Rave: One more week until family heads to Florida for our cruise.

Rave: Down to the weight I want for cruise.

Rave: Good medical news from CAPH.

Rant: Still need to get through the Michigan High School Skating Championship that I am chairing. Thank God it it tomorrow!

Rant: Parents who only complain about non-academic concerns like Safety Patrol, while ignoring poor grades, late work, missing medications, etc.

Rave: It is a sunny St. Pat's Day.

bennnie Mar 17th, 2006 04:56 AM

Go mairir an céad, is bliain chun aithrí!
(May you live to be one hundred and one year for repentence!)

Happy St. Patricks Day. I hope you enjoy the great craic! Slainte!

ethel Mar 17th, 2006 05:27 AM

A humongous RAVE for Caph and husband and family. I am so very, very happy for you. You truly deserve this great news. (I posted on your other thread but for some reason it is not showing up).

I am going to not rant about anything this week, because life is too short to bitch about the little things (remind me of that next week).

Rave: It's my dad's birthday and I'm having a bunch of family over tonight for my famous lasagna!

Rave: Fiance and I have finally decided that we are going to Vegas for our honeymoon. We love it there and it has so many things to offer for both of us...Now, if only we could decide on hotel. Suite at TI, Bally's, Barbary Coast or Flamingo. We may consider staying in a nicer place for 4 nights and then Barbary Coast for 2 nights. Who knows.

Anyway, guess that's all. Hope everyone has a great St. Patty's day. I've always wished I was Irish. I do have the red hair and hazel eyes, and pale skin, though, so I guess I'll play one today.

ronkala Mar 17th, 2006 05:31 AM

Starrsville, go for it. There's nothing like a cat to add warmth to a home.

Rave.
Heading to Savannah on Sunday for a couple of days. Can't wait to eat the fresh seafood. We miss that here in the valley.