Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Four Sisters Inns: Maison Fleurie (Napa) & Green Gables (Pacific Grove)

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2001, 02:45 PM
Edward

Greetings everyone! Any experiences with these establishments? Will be honeymooning in Napa and Monterey this year. Thanks...

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 07:10 AM
Robin

I hope you get a response from someone who knows these specific inns, but I can tell you that another of the "sisters", the Blue Lantern Inn in Dana Point, CA, is very nice.

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 01:49 PM
Toni

My husband and I stayed at Maison Fleurie two years ago and also at the White Swan Inn in SF which is another of the Four Sisters Inns. We loved these places and would recommend them to anyone. Thought their breakfasts were really nice and their evening appetizer hours were done very well also. Our room at Maison Fleurie was with a jacuzzi and fireplace and we enjoyed both-room was spacious and opened onto the back pool area.
Good luck whatever you do!

Old Jan 10th, 2001, 08:50 PM
Gayle

I haven't stayed at a Four Sisters, but my mom has stayed at several and she just loves them! She is on their mailing list and stays at their inns if there is one in the area she travels.

Old Jan 11th, 2001, 06:34 AM
s.fowler

The Green Gables in wonderful. Be sure to buy a teddy bear I'm on my way out the door. so email me for details or I'll post more later

Old Jan 11th, 2001, 09:20 AM
kakm

All great choices--small, personal, the Four Sisters properties in SF are quite European in feel. The Green Gables is Victorian and perfect. Another is the Seven Gables also in Pacific Grove. Try to book dinner at the Old Bath House in Pacific Grove. You'll have a wonderful honeymoon at these places.

Old Jan 11th, 2001, 02:35 PM
keith

We have stayed at Maison twice and go back there every time we are in Yountville. Get reservations at Bouchon or Bistro Jeunty, which are about 100 yards from the hotel. Also, go to the Diner for breakfast. If you want to experience culinary heaven, get impossible reservations at the French Laundry, which is towo blocks from Maison. It is very expensive, but the best dining exp I've ever had. Email me back if you want more info on the Laundry.