Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Four Seasons Santa Barbara (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/four-seasons-santa-barbara-660352/)

katiekate Nov 22nd, 2006 03:21 PM

Four Seasons Santa Barbara

Just made reservations at the Santa Barbara 4S in December. If you have ever stayed here, I would appreciate hearing your comments regarding the hotel, room location, restaurants, spa, etc....other activities outside the hotel, too.
(cfntmpn was most helpful in another post regarding this same property.)

happytrailstoyou Nov 23rd, 2006 11:27 AM

Have you checked the place out on TripAdvsior, where it is ranked the #2 place to stay in Santa Barbara?

kimamom Nov 23rd, 2006 03:21 PM

We had an excellent lunch at The Patio at the Biltmore. It's a gorgeous property, in a great location, right across the street from the beach. Montecito is a beautiful area. ***kim*** ((l))

annieladd Nov 24th, 2006 06:42 AM

We've been by the Four Seasons property, and it looks beatufiul. We had a wonderful dinner at Mollie's Trattoria, in Montecito, just a few blocks away. annieladd

katiekate Nov 24th, 2006 06:53 AM

Yes, reading tripadvisor reviews is what helped us make our final decision. We are really looking forward to our trip.

katiekate Nov 25th, 2006 06:15 PM

Forgot to ask if any one had gone on a guided tour of the area? I think you can even book a private, custom tours. If you know of a particular co. plz let me know. Thanks.

katiekate Dec 4th, 2006 09:09 PM

Only a few more days and we'll be there. If anyone has any last minute tips plz let me know. As soon as I can, I'll post a trip report.

LoveItaly Dec 4th, 2006 09:32 PM

Hello katiekate, if you have time (assume you will have a vehicle), if you go south on 101 and turn off of 101 and onto Hwy 33 and go east for about 20 minutes or so you will arrive in Ojai. A small "artsy" community that perhaps you might enjoy. And also, just further south, if you turn off of 101 and go into Old Town Ventura you will find some interesting restaurants and shops etc. Have fun!

annieladd Dec 5th, 2006 04:11 AM

You'll want to visit the mission in Santa Barbara.

There's lot of wineries close by, central coast.

Julia Childs always touted the Superica, Mexican restaurant. It's kind of fun, very casual.

We also enjoyed Citronelle, Michel Richard's restaurant (I think I have his name right, he has a new cookbook)

But, my favorite meal was Mollie's Trattoria which I mentioned before. The pasta was heavenly. (I think it's one of Oprah's favorites)

MBnancy Dec 5th, 2006 02:17 PM

Katiekate, looking forward to your report. We haven't stayed at the Biltmore since they remodeled The Patio restaurant last year and made other improvements. We always get an ocean view room in the front, so have not been bothered by train noise some people talk about in the back of the resort.

We enjoy the grounds, pool and spa, so don't do a lot of tourning when we go for the weekend in the summer. It's more of a destination for us.

We have been to SB many times over the years, one son graduated from UCSB, so have lots of experience with the town. Be sure and see the SB Mission, and walk along and window shop on State Street.

Also fun to drive over to the wharf at the end of State St. and have lunch there. My dil is driving her visiting Mother, to SB, for lunch tomorrow to do that.

katiekate Dec 5th, 2006 05:04 PM

Thanks everyone. (I thought my post had died on the 25th) I really appreciate your suggestions. I can already tell we're going to want to e x t e n d our trip. so much to do......I can't wait!
Any of you eaten at these restaurants:
Wine Cask, Downeys, Bouchon, or Sevilla? These in particular were recommend by the FS concierge.
Also, need a good idea for lunch when we're out touring the historical courthouse and missions.

Good idea, loveitaly, daughter is in college studying art as her major.

kimamom Dec 7th, 2006 03:27 PM

We celebrated our anniversary at the Wine Cask, it was fantastic. Excellent food, warm ambiance and professional service. Make sure they know it's your anniversary and you will be treated very well. ***kim*** ((f))

lynnejoel1015 Dec 7th, 2006 06:46 PM

i second a side trip to ojai!