Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Four Seasons or Kea Lani (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/four-seasons-or-kea-lani-235640/)

Jeff Jun 30th, 2002 11:52 AM

Four Seasons or Kea Lani

Hi ,<BR><BR>My Fiance and I are getting married on Maui in November. We were hoping to stay for our Honeymoon at either the Four Seasons or the Kea Lani. Both are a bit pricey, but this is our Honeymoon! We were wondering if anyone recommended one hotel over the other.<BR>So any info regarding these two hotels would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!<BR><BR>Regards,<BR>Jeff ([email protected])<BR>

Len Jun 30th, 2002 03:29 PM

Once again, this question is asked very frequently here.<BR>Start by reading the recent answers in the archives, then write back with specific questions.<BR>You'll get more info, more quickly this way.

tiffany Jul 1st, 2002 07:32 AM

Both are absolutely beautiful! I stayed at the Kea Lani and would highly recommend this one instead. It seems less stuffy and still very upscale and relaxed. <BR>My favorite was this exotic swim up bar in one of the pools. Their own private beach with drink service. Try to get an ocean balcony- we even say whales while relaxing on ours. And the size of the bathroom was about as big as my old Manhattan apt.<BR>I have been to a few places in HI and highly recommend this area and this resort.<BR>Don't forget to snorkel at the big atoll, Molokini. It is better that Key West, Caribbean or Tenerife!<BR>happy honeymooning!

Lisa Jul 2nd, 2002 07:40 AM

Hi, <BR><BR>My husband and I stayed at the Four Seasons and I cannot say one negitive thing about it. The facilities are amazing and we were treated like royalty. Post a reply if you have any specific questions...

Duane Jul 2nd, 2002 09:27 AM

Someone just posted today that the FS will be doing a good deal of construction on the spa from Sept through December. Some services will not be available and noise may/will be heard by the pool area.<BR><BR>Something to consider... call the hotel directly and get more information.

Tim Jul 8th, 2002 09:24 AM

We just got back from our honeymoon. We stayed 5 nts at the Kea Lani. The rooms are very nice. They are all suites with a seperate bedroom and large bathrooms with seperate tub and shower. If you go with the Kea Lani I would recommend not getting a garden view room. They are building private homes next door and it is quite noisy during the day. We switched rooms during our stay due to the noise. The service at the hotel was very good. We ate dinner at the Four Seasons and spent some time walking around the hotel. To us the Four Seasons had a more upscale feel to it and just seemed nicer. Both are top notch.

Christina Jul 9th, 2002 04:31 PM

Just wanted to say that my husband & I were married at the Kea Lani 4 years ago. The hotel is magnificent & the staff is fantastic. They took care of our every wedding need (marriage license, bouquet, photos, dinner, cake, etc..)<BR><BR>I loved the pool area (not a ton of kids). Our room was perfect. We had a wrap around balcony, which on one side faced the mountains and the other faced the ocean. Just wonderfully peaceful in the morning. Interior was very romantic, especially the big soaking tub (bring some bubble bath).<BR><BR>The grounds leading to the beach were gorgeous. Lots of lush flowers!<BR><BR>Not that this made a differnce for us, but many celebrities stayed at the Kea Lani because of the private villas. We didn't know that until we got there & someone told us. We just ignored them. My point is that they found the hotel to be attractive & could have stayed at the pricier neighboring hotels. <BR><BR>Lastly, we had planned 5 nights in Maui & 5 nights in Oahu. When we got to Oahu, we left the next morning and went back to the Kea Lani. <BR><BR>Hope this helps :)<BR><BR>

Bill Jul 9th, 2002 10:26 PM

Christina, where did you stay on Oahu?

meg Jul 10th, 2002 05:00 AM

We had our honeymoon at the four seasons and it was the best hotel we've ever stayed at-and we've stayed at some very nice resort areas.<BR>Anyhow, the only downside is that the pool area can get crowded, which I'm sure you've read in previous reviews. This didn't bother us at all, because if you can't find a cabana empty when you want it, the staff will simply set a new one up for you. Go to the four season and live truly luxuriously!

Christina Jul 10th, 2002 03:31 PM

Bill,<BR><BR>When we were in Oahu, we stayed at the Sheraton Waikiki. The rooms were horrible and we payed a fortune for a semi-ocean view room. <BR><BR>What I mean by horrible was that the non-smoking room was smokey, the bathroom was moldy & there was a gap under the room door the size of a quarter. Not lying, we took a picture! You could hear every conversation in the hall way.<BR><BR>We didn't care for the area either. It reminded us too much of Miami & that's not what we were looking for. Maui was much more our speed for our wedding/honeymoon.<BR><BR>Amy

Bill Jul 10th, 2002 11:58 PM

Christina--from the Kea Lani to the Sheraton?!? How awful! I can match you, though: We went from the Grand Wailea to the Hilton Hawaiian Village! In a word--GROSS!! We checked out the next day and went to the much preferred Halekulani down the street!!