Manassas, VA hotels - Any advice?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24th, 2005, 04:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rigth now, the Hampton Inn and the Comfort Suites are available. They look basic, which is fine, since we're just going to a concert out at the Nissan Pavilion, and didn't want to drive the 100 miles home afterwards. Any recommendations/advice are greatly appreciated!
Old Mar 24th, 2005, 05:11 PM

ohstate, My son and I stayed at the Comfort Suites a few weeks ago while his swim team was at a meet. We had a King suite room that had a king bed and pull out sofa. Nothing fancy, but it was very clean and nicely furnished. We didn't eat meals there, looked into breakfast (which was 8.95 each) but couldn't eat there as the dining room didn't open until 7:00am and he had to be at the pool at 7:00. A couple of the other parents said breakfast was good though. There are many restaurants right there off Sudley Road. We got a AAA rate for $72, which I thought was fair given the nice size of the room. Hope this helps.
Old Mar 24th, 2005, 06:01 PM
Original Poster

It sounds like it will meet our needs perfectly. Check in, drive to the show, (Jimmy Buffett), then drop from exhaustion afterwards. The breakfast is a bonus for my husband. Thanks!
Old Mar 25th, 2005, 03:44 AM

ohstate, I must apologize! After I posted last night I realized that it was the Courtyard by Marriott that we stayed at in Manassas- not the Comfort Suites! Their number is 1-800-321-2211. We had stayed at a Comfort Suites at a prior swim meet and I got the two confused-my head cold medicine has me thinking so fuzzily! I hope you read this retraction/change! I have no information on the Hampton Inn or Comfort Suites. Again I am sorry for the confusion.
Old Mar 25th, 2005, 01:56 PM
Original Poster

Unfortunately, the Courtyard in Manassas is booked. Thanks for trying, though

Anyone else ever stay at the Hampton or the Comfort Suites in Manassas? Comments/Questions/Rude remarks? (ok, just asking for it there...)
Old Mar 25th, 2005, 02:14 PM

I would check tripadvisor.com to see if they by chance have anything listed for Manassas, but in general I have found Hampton Inns superior to Comfort Suites. The HI 100% satisfaction guarantee is offered for a reason - consistancy among hotels. I've found a lot more variance (in cleanliness, decor, staff, etc.) in the Choice group including Comfort Suites.