My wife and I are traveling to Boston on Sept . 10 , and after having a long overdue dinner with our niece we will drive down the next morning to the Maine coast and have 4 days to spend there , heading back to Boston on Sept.15.
We are looking for a town or village with a place to stay that would put us within a few hours of a few different picturesque destinations . Also we are not opposed to staying two nights in two different locations if it makes sense . We would like to be on or near the water and enjoy some casual sightseeing , a little shopping , maybe a winery or two , and hit some great restaurants. We are not big hikers ( knees and feet issues) and would like to keep it to a slower pace. It is a big birthday for my wife and we will also be celebrating our 41st wedding anniversary.
Is there somewhere that you would recommend that captures the flavor and spirit of coastal Maine ? I would really appreciate any help that could help us put together an itinerary for our short stay.
Thank you in advance for your suggestions
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 AOL! AOL-password-recovery-CONTACT-☎-1866-201-6261-AOL-Tec*h-24-7
- 2 Everglades en route from Ft Myers to Miami doable?
- 3 Family winter holiday
- 4 Should we go to Orlando if not interested in Disney World?
- 5 10 Day California Vacation Advice
- 6 Please help - Hawaii itinerary - big island and Honolulu
- 7 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 8 4 days in San Diego
- 9 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 10 NY theater district restaurant
- 11 Trip to Cali
- 12 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 13 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 14 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 15 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 16 CAR TRIP FROM WI TO CA (in winter!!)
- 17 Minneapolis to Mount Rushmore (worth it?)
- 18 Quiet Restaurant in Minneapolis for a celebratory dinner with a deaf guest
- 19 Big Sur weather in early December
- 20 PAC coast highway Oregon
- 21 Lake Quinault Lodge
- 22 Our next summer trip
- 23 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 24 Boston Must Do's with 4 year old
- 25 Dulles to BWI