I recently accepted a job offer in Bellevue and will soon be moving to the Seattle area (from Raleigh, NC). I'll soon be embarking on a four day scouting trip to explore the area and figure out where I might want to settle in the long-term. I'd appreciate any advice from the community about the best neighborhoods to explore and get a feel for, based on the following:
1) I'm looking to eventually settle in a neighborhood with a vibrant city feel... so thinking somewhere in downtown Seattle.
2) Neighborhood/area with a decent selection of condos and/or apartments.
3) Walkable access to bars, restaurants, and other entertainment venues. I'm a regular guy who prefers dive bars and burgers over martinis and tapas.
4) Plenty of people in their late 20s-late 30s.
5) Maybe not the most elite part of town- but an area that's considered fairly safe.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://testoultrareview.in/refollium-hair-growth/
- 2 http://testoultrareview.in/
- 3 New York City Acupuncturist
- 4 Rear Loader Garbage Truck - Big Truck Rental
- 5 Everglades en route from Ft Myers to Miami doable?
- 6 10 Day California Vacation Advice
- 7 Please help - Hawaii itinerary - big island and Honolulu
- 8 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 9 Should we go to Orlando if not interested in Disney World?
- 10 4 days in San Diego
- 11 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 12 NY theater district restaurant
- 13 Family winter holiday
- 14 Trip to Cali
- 15 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 16 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 17 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 18 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 19 CAR TRIP FROM WI TO CA (in winter!!)
- 20 Minneapolis to Mount Rushmore (worth it?)
- 21 Quiet Restaurant in Minneapolis for a celebratory dinner with a deaf guest
- 22 Big Sur weather in early December
- 23 PAC coast highway Oregon
- 24 Lake Quinault Lodge
- 25 Our next summer trip