Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > fort lauderdale--need shopping, beach and dining advice
Notices

fort lauderdale--need shopping, beach and dining advice

Feb 1st, 2011, 07:14 PM
Original Poster

fort lauderdale--need shopping, beach and dining advice

ill have 2 days to spend in fort lauderdale. i will have a rental car to use. i have a middle class/average income.will be in town next week. i need to know what are some good suggestions for places to shop at for souvenirs, clothes, miscellaneous items. also need to know what are great places to eat at for seafood, chinese food and mexican or other restaurants that are highly favored by locals. need to also know what beaches are best for tourists, and other applicable advice and suggestions.
Feb 1st, 2011, 10:24 PM

My favorite outlet mall is in Ft Lauderdale - Sawgrass Mills. It is huge and you will find everything you can imagine there. Most of the hotels we have stayed at had a shuttle to the mall.
Feb 2nd, 2011, 03:33 AM

You didn't say where you're staying. Ft Lauderdale is fairly small but there's a pretty big area that could be considered Ft Lauderdale.

For instance, Sawgrass Mills isn't in Ft Lauderdale. In fact it's quite a bit west. But still, no more than a 30 minute drive. Go west on 595 until Flamingo and then north to Sunrise. It's an outlet mall with every type of store. There's also a PF Chang and a Cheesecake Factory.

Since you're only in Ft Lauderdale for 2 days you can go to Ft Lauderdale beach. If you want to do your shopping late in the day, you can spend one day at FLL beach and then drive down to South Beach (about 30-45 minutes south) to check out that scene. Then you can eat either on the Beach or on Lincoln Mall. It's a pedestrian street with many outdoor restaurants.

Search this Thread